Early Model AA Truck Jack ??

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Arche22772
Model Year: 1930

Early Model AA Truck Jack ??

Post by Arche22772 »

Looked through my Model A Jacks last weekend and found one that closely resembles the
one in a drawing posted by Neil Wilson a couple of years ago in this Forum. Did a search
but couldn't find the post. I did save pictures from that post, however, and the measurements of my jack are identical to the ones he listed.

My jack differs a little bit from Neil's post but is really close. Wondering if my jack might be one of the very early ones? I know this is not in the judging standards.

Thanks,
Ray

Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Re: Early Model AA Truck Jack ??

Post by Neil Wilson »

The picture below shows a comparison of Walker jacks ("A" jack, pre-Sept. 1927 jack, and "AA" jack). I have found two of the pre-Sept. 1927 jacks and two of the "AA" jacks).

I say pre-Sept. 1927 because I ordered the 9-23-27 Ford engineering drawing and it shows the "AA" jack.

The Judging Standards tool section is being worked on (Tim Johnstone). He asked if the information, drawings, and pictures in my two AA tool articles could be used. So, maybe this newer information will be in the next JS update.
Attachments
xWalker Jacks - comparison 1c.jpg
xWalker Jacks - comparison 1c.jpg (51 KiB) Viewed 2231 times
xAA-17080 - design 1 - b3a.jpg
xAA-17080 - design 1 - b3a.jpg (45.43 KiB) Viewed 2231 times
Regards, Neil Wilson

Re: Early Model AA Truck Jack ??

Post by Arche22772 »

Thanks Neil for the informative reply. Always good information from you.

Ray