ORIGINAL ENGINE FORD GREEN PAINT !!!!!!-?

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
SHELBY MESSER
Body Type: 75-A
Model Year: 1930

ORIGINAL ENGINE FORD GREEN PAINT !!!!!!-?

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

I waited over a week for Ford green to paint an A engine! Got everything ready to paint, opened the can of paint, If the paint is green, the sun is purple and it appeared to be blackish gray, first thought was it needed stirring, wrong, it was that color all way to the bottom of can. It is from Mac's item #RSP6Q. I've seen several other engine painted different colors. Forest Green would be a much closer color for these Ford engines. I was lucky and found a qt. can that I used a few years back and I used it. I never had my camera or I would take a picture of the painted engine and posted, I'll do that tomorrow. Does any one know which of the Ford engine greens is the right color, Mac's is not! Shelby, Louisiana.

This is what I was talking about with the paint. The color one the stir stick is the RSP6Q from Mac's. The color to the left of the stick is what I think is close to the Ford Green engine paint
Attachments
new folder 039.JPG
new folder 039.JPG (51.95 KiB) Viewed 4426 times
new folder 037.JPG
new folder 037.JPG (83.34 KiB) Viewed 4433 times
Last edited by SHELBY MESSER on April 22nd, 2012, 7:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Re: ORIGINAL ENGINE FORD GREEN PAINT !!!!!!-?

Post by Chris Haynes »

I buy mine from C. W. Moss in spray cans.
Brady
Body Type: None

Post by Brady »

I've read that the "engine green" paint was most often just a mixture of a lot of left over colors, therefore different shades from time to time, and not consistant throughout production. I prefer a lighter shade than that available in the repo cans. The photos of your engines look great - best of luck and thanks for posting them.
1crosscut
Body Type: 82-A
Model Year: 1929

Post by 1crosscut »

I've tried several different Ford greens in spray cans from the suppliers. I reall like the color tht Bert's has.
Dave
------------
Dave
cartygc

Post by cartygc »

I also order a pint of engine green and it came to me gray. I contacted Macs and told them I will send them a pic. They said
they would TRY to work something out. I have had much better luck ordering from Snyders.