Restoration project ford model AA

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Brian T
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1929

Re: Restoration project ford model AA

Post by Brian T »

The number pad looks to rough to have had an old number ground off, the pitting appears the same as the block, the number range is in the late 29s but the truck is a late 30 possibly 31, as it is in Romania could it be a GAZ?.
Nothing can be made fool proof, fools are ingenious bastards.
rimniceanum
Body Type: truck
Model Year: 1931

Post by rimniceanum »

It was bought in the UK at an auction, after being brought from America 2 years before, so i am sure it is a Ford Model AA. But i don't have the papers, because the guy who helped me buy it disapeared with the papers. I am trying yo find as muck info about it as i can. Yes, it was sold as a '31.
Brian T
Body Type: 82A

Post by Brian T »

OK --- now you mentioned the truck came from he UK I now know who it belonged to, the owner was a member here who went by the name of AV8, who got the truck from the UK and owned it for a couple of years.

Here is the link to one of his posts, and a pic of it at a US airfield show, the only thing I see that's been changed are the rear view mirrors are mounted down to the center hinge, note the side boards on the bed, the reflector and the white sticker on the side rail, plus the green wheel and the lamp? on the left A pillar all match your truck.

Did you buy the truck already burnt out ?, the reason I ask is that it is not uncommon in the UK if a vehicle is hard to sell that a fire will help get rid of it, this may explain the missing paper work.

Go to the members lists and read all of his posts, this will reveal more info that may help you, all the best, Brian T, San Diego.

http://forums.aa-fords.com/viewtopic.ph ... 975&p=9224
Nothing can be made fool proof, fools are ingenious bastards.
lookin-backtexas
Body Type: Stakebed

Post by lookin-backtexas »

Brian T:
Since you identified the previous owner as av8, I found the original FOR SALE ad from 2010 describing all the modifications made to the truck such as new tyres £1000, new brakes all round, rear drums skimmed, new king pins, track rod ends, twin choke Weber, F150 steering box, etc. Your link has a photo confirming the truck is the same (it even has the same dent on the leading edge of the driver's side front fender pre-fire). The ad has av8's email address if you wanted to contact him to confirm who he sold it to. Then you could track down the paperwork and perhaps determine how the fire happened.

http://forums.aa-fords.com/viewtopic.ph ... 9856#p9856

This link has a post showing it was sold in 2010 and the fire obviously occurred after av8 sold it.

Fred
If you are not driving your AA truck you might as well be collecting clocks!
ImageImage
miner art
Body Type: AA flt.BD.82a

Post by miner art »

lookin-backtexas wrote:Brian T:
Since you identified the previous owner as av8, I found the original FOR SALE ad from 2010 describing all the modifications made to the truck such as new tyres £1000, new brakes all round, rear drums skimmed, new king pins, track rod ends, twin choke Weber, F150 steering box, etc. Your link has a photo confirming the truck is the same (it even has the same dent on the leading edge of the driver's side front fender pre-fire). The ad has av8's email address if you wanted to contact him to confirm who he sold it to. Then you could track down the paperwork and perhaps determine how the fire happened.

http://forums.aa-fords.com/viewtopic.ph ... 9856#p9856

This link has a post showing it was sold in 2010 and the fire obviously occurred after av8 sold it.

Fred
Twin choke Weber,there is your arsonist......... Art
rimniceanum
Body Type: truck

Post by rimniceanum »

I sent him an email, i hope he will respond. Unfortunattly, i think the fire started from the carb, because it is very damaged and i have to change it. I have to make a shoping list so i can order the parts from the US, because i don't think i will find parts in Europe. My guys are working on the body, stripping it apart and repairing every part. I don't think i will keep it black, i am not sure yet.