Rare AA?

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Bob C
Body Type: Mail truck, Stake tr
Model Year: 1931

Rare AA?

Post by Bob C »

What am I missing ??? The ad says "only five know to exist in the USA" looks like just a late 31
short wheel base flat bed.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mod ... 4ab8763186

Bob
sonny
Body Type: bb
Model Year: 1932

Re: Rare AA?

Post by sonny »

Doesn't look all that great to me. Seller is just trying to make it look really rare to the people that don't know any better. That's doing business on ebay.
SSsssteamer
Body Type: AA stake bed
Model Year: 1930

Post by SSsssteamer »

Maybe the truck on eBay it is rare because it doesn't have a title? The truck's add states: It is new... "A vehicle is considered new if it is purchased directly from a new car franchise dealer and has not yet been registered and issued a title." Nice to see it listed as I own a metal roofed AA Stake bed truck just like this one too. Unfortunately, my truck is used, titled and currently licensed.
pyrodork
Body Type: AA Stakebed

Post by pyrodork »

on this subject, y'know i've got a set of three SUPER RARE Ginsu knives, brand new, but one has a broken handle and the blade is bent like an 8. there's less than 10 of these known to exist IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. valued at $79,000, i'll let it go for the steal of a price of $799,000. my loss is your gain.

i've also got a pair of denim jeans in NEW CONDITION that are rumored to have belonged to napoleon bonaparte, and that he was wearing them when he surrendered. former president thomas jefferson acquired them in the 1960's and not only wore them during his entire campaign, but he was buried in them as well. grave robbers stole these pants and i bought them at a sidewalk sale from a guy 500 miles south of mexico for half a mil. make an offer. NO LOWBALLERS!
Rumored to be an Early '30 AA...

"Pics or it didn't happen."

-- Scotty "It-Only-Sounds-Like-I-Know-What-I'm-Doing" Petersen, Esquire.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

"What are you missing"? The answer is simple - many AA sellers are like politicians in that the truth can never be told OR they don't know the truth.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Post by Drew Mashburn »

All:

Most definitely not a rare truck. But, it is a nice looking AA. However, I hope the seller gets nothing near $15K for it. Our old truck hobby is getting way too expensive. I remember when AA's were "the poor man's vehicle to restore".

Keep on Truckin'!!!
-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform

Post by rollingsculpture »

guess were not poor anymore were rich with our AAs everyone thinks mine is worth BIG money but when i tell them they can buy one in like condition for 9- 12 k they think im crazy who knows maybe we should value them more than we do times are changed from the old days and the more people spend the more they respect it
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed

Post by spectria »

pyrodork wrote:on this subject, y'know i've got a set of three SUPER RARE Ginsu knives, brand new, but one has a broken handle and the blade is bent like an 8. there's less than 10 of these known to exist IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. valued at $79,000, i'll let it go for the steal of a price of $799,000. my loss is your gain.

i've also got a pair of denim jeans in NEW CONDITION that are rumored to have belonged to napoleon bonaparte, and that he was wearing them when he surrendered. former president thomas jefferson acquired them in the 1960's and not only wore them during his entire campaign, but he was buried in them as well. grave robbers stole these pants and i bought them at a sidewalk sale from a guy 500 miles south of mexico for half a mil. make an offer. NO LOWBALLERS!
I give you 2 million US DOLLARS, I am Sir Doctor Reverend Mukumbe Misothoto of Benign Republic.
If you forward your fee through a shipping agent in Belurus for 79.99, and your shipment in new US 100 dollar bills will arive shortly. Please don't report to the F.B.I as I amtrustingyou... Thank, a many blessing from the Lord almighty...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
SSsssteamer
Body Type: AA stake bed

Post by SSsssteamer »

Bidding has ended for the AA stake bed truck with no bids being made.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed

Post by spectria »

SSsssteamer wrote:Bidding has ended for the AA stake bed truck with no bids being made.
Reality check!
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

All,

It pleases me that there were no bids at $15k or more for this truck. I truly don't believe that AA's should be commanding high asking prices like this owner was asking. I do believe it's a really fine truck though and hope the owner will be happy settling for much less. I know I'd be proud to own it! Just my "two cents worth".

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
stufferdarwin
Body Type: ?? closed cab

Post by stufferdarwin »

Man;
some of you guys are a tough audience... granted the e-bay guy's truck is not rare, and listing it as new is about an 81 year stretch!..but he does state he has clear title. I enclosed a couple pics of my fun truck, it may not be up to purist standards, but it's mine warts and all & in case anyone is wondering, NO, I won't take 15K for it. When you get into a project like this you can get 10 to 12 K without batting an eye. By the time I finally got the tire situation done, with shipping and all, it was close to $1400.00 for tires, tubes and flaps alone. Maybe I feel this way because I haven't forgotten about 800 hours of blood ,sweat (literally) & tears & my truck is far from perfect. To tell the truth these AA's aren't any cheaper to work on than any other model A, poor man's project...my foot!
Cut the guy a little slack, I hope someday he gets more than 15K for it, because it will be bought by someone who just does not want go to the effort to make something out of nothing. If you want something nice with no effort it's gonna cost you!
He has the right to criticize who has the heart to help. By the way guys, thanks for the help and info over the last year or so. Feel free to take a few licks at me, I got a tough skin.
Darwin
Attachments
31AA3.JPG
31AA3.JPG (206.31 KiB) Viewed 7144 times
31AA2.JPG
31AA2.JPG (264.82 KiB) Viewed 7144 times
31AA1.JPG
31AA1.JPG (201.23 KiB) Viewed 7144 times
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Darwin:

Nice looking AA! Looks like you did a really nice job of bringing the old girl back to life. I especially like that distributor cap. If you're interested, I'll give you $6,500 for the truck. :)

Keep on truckin'!
-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
Boomer
Body Type: 82-A Closed Cab
Model Year: 1929

Post by Boomer »

Looks great Darwin!
I also like the distributor, oil return and the fan tips.
Too bad the dollars spent to get these trucks close to what they once were oftentimes ends up being more than they're worth. I think it's the stories behind the history and restoration of each truck and the learning we do along the way that makes them valuable to us AA guys.
Drew N.

1929 AA Closed Cab

Skol Vikings!
stufferdarwin
Body Type: ?? closed cab

Post by stufferdarwin »

Drew & Drew
Thanks for the compliments, it's always nice to have someone appreciate your efforts. And you are right, we are probably never going to realize a profit on these AA"s. They Just aren't cute, perky or popular.
One thing I enjoy is; I know the entire history of this truck from the original owner, thru 2 other owners to myself. I know that's not worth the powder it would take to blow it up, but it's kinda neat.
Drew...I calculated out your offer. At Colorado minimum wage I would reap a huge profit of $378.00, but that doesn't include the price of buying it, transporting it, or parts & materials.....HOWEVER...If you were willing to double your offer, I bet the E-bay would take 13K :lol:
Thanks guys
Darwin