Worm Drive

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
intimidator
Model Year: 1928

Worm Drive

Post by intimidator »

I'm new to the AA hobby,just got my frist AA.1928,spoke wheels,stake bed. I have books for referances but must not have the right ones because I can't find any thing out on the worm drive, I noticed a leak on the driver side rear tire, so I suspect a bad seal, what i'm looking for is a exploded veiw of the rear axle.So could someone send me in the rigth direction as to find one Thank you all John
miner art
Body Type: AA flt.BD.82a
Model Year: 1929

Re: Worm Drive

Post by miner art »

intimidator wrote:I'm new to the AA hobby,just got my frist AA.1928,spoke wheels,stake bed. I have books for referances but must not have the right ones because I can't find any thing out on the worm drive, I noticed a leak on the driver side rear tire, so I suspect a bad seal, what i'm looking for is a exploded veiw of the rear axle.So could someone send me in the rigth direction as to find one Thank you all John
Try Ford Barn,also we have some info on that in the clubs post search,Have fun,That,is thing!!!,that leak is more than likely the out side grease seal, a fairly easy fix, once the wheel is off!!!!!!
Art
Bob C
Body Type: Mail truck, Stake tr
Model Year: 1931

Post by Bob C »

These are TT but the AA is similar.

Bob
Attachments
worm axle-2.jpg
worm axle-2.jpg (184.2 KiB) Viewed 3407 times
worm axle.jpg
worm axle.jpg (180.44 KiB) Viewed 3407 times
intimidator
Model Year: 1928

Post by intimidator »

Thank you for the responses. It sounds like I don't have to pull the rearend out. just the wheel and brakes backing plate etc.am I correct. thanks again.and fun is why I got it.
Bob C
Body Type: Mail truck, Stake tr
Model Year: 1931

Post by Bob C »

Should just have to pull the drum off and the seal is in the hub.

Bob
Dans1930PanelTruck
Body Type: Panel Truck
Model Year: 1930

Post by Dans1930PanelTruck »

Fairly simple to get it apart.