AA Floor Mat

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
elkhornranch
Body Type: stake bed
Model Year: 1929

AA Floor Mat

Post by elkhornranch »

I am looking for a new 28-29 AA floor mat, both Synders and Berts both say not available, the standard pickup mat shifter and emergency brake cutouts are different. Does anyone know of a source, other than fabricating out of rubber matting??

Thanks!

Pat

Franktown, CO
Brian T
Body Type: 82A

Re: AA Floor Mat

Post by Brian T »

Hello Pat,
Snyders and Berts still show the rubber mat on there web sights, are they saying they no longer supply them?, I got mine about 3 years ago, does not fit exactly but looks OK.

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/2493
Last edited by Brian T on February 8th, 2013, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing can be made fool proof, fools are ingenious bastards.
Chris Haynes
Model Year: 1930

Post by Chris Haynes »

Why is a mat for a '28/'29 AA different than an A? Don't they both use the same 3 speed tranny?
Brian T

Post by Brian T »

Chris Haynes wrote:Why is a mat for a '28/'29 AA different than an A? Don't they both use the same 3 speed tranny?
The only difference I see would be the holes for the [you know what I mean] Hi-Low unit, after measuring I cut mine out with a hole saw.

BTW how was Turlock?, I had an economy trip worked out this year, no over night stay, planned to show up from here when the gates opened, I had a hundred bucks worth of trans casings for Mitchell waiting for me, then my relief drivers flaked out on me, oh well there's always next year. maybe catch yer at the Big three here.
Nothing can be made fool proof, fools are ingenious bastards.
Chris Haynes
Model Year: 1930

Post by Chris Haynes »

Brian T wrote:BTW how was Turlock.

Turlock was as great as ever. Even though I didn't make any major purchases I had a good time window shopping.
elkhornranch
Body Type: stake bed

Post by elkhornranch »

I talked to Steve the owner at Bert's and some guy in the parts dept. at Synders and both said the pickup mat alignment for the shifter and brake do not align up for the AA. I assume the four speed transmission is longer and the cutouts would be farther back on the mat.

Pat