New from Ohio

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
BHK knifemaker
Body Type: AA
Model Year: 1931

New from Ohio

Post by BHK knifemaker »

Hey everyone. I have been reading a bunch of threads getting ready to start my build. Well I took delivery today. Here is what it looks like:

As you can see...I am going to need a lot of advice. :-)
Thank you all in advance.

God Bless
L.T.
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Re: New from Ohio

Post by Stakebed »

WHEW! gonna need alot of everything! I believe that's a 157" wheelbase isnt it?

Got an engine trans and whatnot?

Always glad to see new members and ask any question you have. Or even try searching and can learn alot that way too!

Whats your plans for it? Like what kind of bed do you plan to make/use/find on it?
spdway1

Post by spdway1 »

Welcome to the Forum! :D
You have a good start there.
gunmetal 2
Body Type: 82-A

Post by gunmetal 2 »

nice looking truck, welcome and just remember any question is not dum if u don't know.
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform

Post by rollingsculpture »

welcome aboard looks like a good start !
tomkline
Body Type: 82B

Post by tomkline »

Where in Ohio are you located? I am in NWO. If I can help with anything let me know. I am new to the AA'ss also. The wife and I bought one last Dec. I am having the engine rebuilt now. Mine is a short wheel base.
BHK knifemaker

Post by BHK knifemaker »

Stakebed wrote:WHEW! gonna need alot of everything! I believe that's a 157" wheelbase isnt it?

Got an engine trans and whatnot?

Always glad to see new members and ask any question you have. Or even try searching and can learn alot that way too!

Whats your plans for it? Like what kind of bed do you plan to make/use/find on it?
Stakebed...I have a "B" engine right now. I do have a trans and a lot of miscellaneous parts. It is a 157"...I believe it had a gas tanker on it. I will take more pictures today and start the tear down.
BHK knifemaker

Post by BHK knifemaker »

tomkline wrote:Where in Ohio are you located? I am in NWO. If I can help with anything let me know. I am new to the AA'ss also. The wife and I bought one last Dec. I am having the engine rebuilt now. Mine is a short wheel base.
I am in Steubenville...over by the river. 50 mins. from downtown Pittsburgh PA. Let me know if you get over this way.

I was in Toledo over the weekend at a knife show.
SHELBY MESSER
Body Type: 75-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

knifemaker, nice truck to get started on. It looks like a late 31/ steel roof and indented fire wall. These trucks are old die hards, what I mean is that all the parts do no need rebuilding. for instence rear axle assy. If it turns freely and smooth I would check the gear oil level and condition, if in range of full do not add. If you need to add drain old oil and replace. Remove all wheels clean and check brakes, repair as needed. Clean all wheel bearing and repack with grease, replace rear hub seal,(front wheels do not have grease seals) clean the front wheel grease slinger good. Check bushings and their mountings for wear, repair as needed. You have plenty of body to keep you going for awhile. Do what you need to do to get it running and driveable. This makes it more fun and enjoyable, Most people tear the trucks all apart, then looses interest in the truck :D :)
BHK knifemaker

Post by BHK knifemaker »

Shelby, thanks for the input. I can't wait to see what lies ahead. I am going to get started on tear down tonight.
Reds34
Body Type: dump
Model Year: 1930

Post by Reds34 »

I find it interesting the distributor is still there. I wonder if the popout switch is still in the dash. Cool truck, you have your work cut out for you.

Red
Stakebed

Post by Stakebed »

Reds34 wrote:I find it interesting the distributor is still there. I wonder if the popout switch is still in the dash. Cool truck, you have your work cut out for you.

Red
haha yea that got me too. didnt see an engine but not sure who removes the distributor and leaves it...

do you plan to return it to its previous life as a tanker?
BHK knifemaker

Post by BHK knifemaker »

Stakebed wrote:
Reds34 wrote:I find it interesting the distributor is still there. I wonder if the popout switch is still in the dash. Cool truck, you have your work cut out for you.

Red
haha yea that got me too. didnt see an engine but not sure who removes the distributor and leaves it...

do you plan to return it to its previous life as a tanker?
No, I think I am leaning toward stake bed.
Stakebed

Post by Stakebed »

yea a bit easier to find and more practical in todays world
Stakebed

Post by Stakebed »

yea a bit easier to find and more practical in todays world

i think someone in the classifieds section of this forum is selling a stakebed off a 157" wheelbase for $300...