Automatic wipers

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Txturbo
Model Year: 1930

Re: Automatic wipers

Post by Txturbo »

Chris Haynes wrote:Getting back to my original question. Is their a automatic wiper that can be used on a '29 without butchery?
Why yes there is.....most commonly referred to as a passenger and they are mounted on the running board. But seriously....if I planned to drive mine in the rain I think I would have to upgrade also.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Post by spectria »

Txturbo wrote:
Chris Haynes wrote:Getting back to my original question. Is their a automatic wiper that can be used on a '29 without butchery?
Why yes there is.....most commonly referred to as a passenger and they are mounted on the running board. But seriously....if I planned to drive mine in the rain I think I would have to upgrade also.
LOL, welcome to the AA Forum...
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Txturbo
Model Year: 1930

Post by Txturbo »

spectria wrote:
Txturbo wrote:
LOL, welcome to the AA Forum...
Thanks!
Brian T
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1929

Post by Brian T »

Here is something useful that may answer your question, I thought of fitting a vacuum wiper to my 29, they go along with all the other must do work that makes driving a double A fun,?.
Here are some pics taken of a 29 at the Motor Transport Museum in Campo Ca, some cutting and carving as to be done to remove the manual shaft bracket, in addition to running the Vacuum line, Marco on Fordbarn has the diagram for drilling the mounting holes in the window frame.
I decided to stay original and use Rain X should we venture out on a wet day.
Attachments
29 AA VACUUM WIPER 2.JPG
29 AA VACUUM WIPER 2.JPG (97.3 KiB) Viewed 2502 times
29 AA VACUUM WIPER 1.JPG
29 AA VACUUM WIPER 1.JPG (85.93 KiB) Viewed 2502 times
Nothing can be made fool proof, fools are ingenious bastards.