Hello, info needed

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: Hello, info needed

Post by Neil Wilson »

How much to ask???? I don't think you should be concerned with that amount!

You will never know until you try to auction it! I suggest that you put it on eBay with a starting bid of $500 and a reserve of $12,000 (and not buy it now price). This will result in being able to see what the bidding goes to but not selling unless a bid of 12K is met (very unlikely).

This will help establish how much the market is willing to pay. The more pictures you can post with your auction the better.
Regards, Neil Wilson
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Post by spectria »

Drew Mashburn wrote:Wannarace454:

My guess is that it would have different values to different people with different tastes. For instance, I prefer the later style, more rounded 30/31 cabs. So, a '28 thru early '30 AA with the boxier cabs aren't as appealing to me and, therefore, I would not offer as much dough for one as a person in the market for a boxy-looking cab. Also, I like things really stock. You're AA has a few things that aren't original: seal-beamed headlights, maybe a B instead of an AA engine, oversized tires, diamond-plate bed, etc. This would drop the value for me, but to others............Hey, they may groove on those things, so they probably would pay a higher price than myself. Also, I don't recall you saying anything about how well the engine runs, tranny shifts, if all the lights work, if the radiator is good, etc. Knowing how complete it is or isn't (you said interior is stripped = less value), would be of interest to most all prospective buyers. So, without knowing much about the truck (but, it does look pretty decent), one would have to sort of guess at what it might be worth. If I were to make you and offer (I'm not), I'd offer you $2,000 for it right now. I'm hoping that my reply to you will trigger others to throw out some numbers at you. I kinda have a feeling that's what you were asking in the first place.

Good Luck with your sale!
Best,
-- Drew
Considering how much truck you show, 3500 you be a good deal for someone, but it looks worth 4.
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Wannarace454:

Neil's suggestion is a really smart suggestion. I don't disagree at all with what Dave told you. I'll bet quite a few people would be interested in it for $3,500 to $4k.

I told you others would join in to give you some guidance. There's a lot of great people that follow this site.

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed

Post by spectria »

Drew Mashburn wrote:Wannarace454:

Neil's suggestion is a really smart suggestion. I don't disagree at all with what Dave told you. I'll bet quite a few people would be interested in it for $3,500 to $4k.

I told you others would join in to give you some guidance. There's a lot of great people that follow this site. .

-- Drew
I also agree with Neil and Drew, low starting but with very high reserve, it will get bidding started, and give you the option to not sell or lower the reserve if the bidding gets high enough for you to sell.
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Wannarace454
Body Type: AA

Post by Wannarace454 »

Thanks guys, will probably be putting it on eBay before too long. I need to go look at the truck before I list it to get ready for questions but not sure she wants to wait that long. I will let you guys know when I put it on so you can watch it.
fordman88
Model Year: 1929

Post by fordman88 »

ahh a fellow Kansan!! awesome truck you have there!! very jealous, and wishing my bank account was just a lil less empty! i would definitely be up for a road trip with my trailer :)
Trevor O Davis
Veger
Body Type: Stake Bed

Post by Veger »

WoW I love the Truck just like it IS! lol I would NOT wash it ither lol. 3 to 4k for that truck would be almost boarder line what I might of paid for Parts IF only that engine was the right one for that model. (Would be a HUGE Waste of a Pretty truck too). Of course our truck is a later model 30 with a rounder top. It looks SOLID and I think you can find somebody willing to pay for it if that's what they want and that would take time. The only reason that truck would sell so cheap was to get rid of it in a hurry if you ask me. These things are Rare moreso then the Cars or little trucks and should command a good deal. IF they are like me then they would buy it just like it is to run OR make it close to what it should of been. I'm not much up to making my truck look just like it did the day it rolled off the floor. What somebody did in the past to make that truck work for there need is original in my book. These trucks where built to WORK and when you find one that has worked makes them wanted more by ppl like me. I like the patina to it and would make it Shine just like it is with all the dirt while I went and got some lumber or go to a show hahahaha. When I went to buy our truck I was lead to believe the Flathead V8 was in the truck and the original engine would come with the deal. Once I got there THANK Goodness she was wrong. LoL the 4 banger was still in it and the flathead V8 was just a perk. Of course Now I got a Truck and is So NICE when I bought it there is nothing I need to do to it. Really like I was expecting to have something I could work on and now might have to find me something else Just so I can work on it LoL.

Keep On Truckin!
Rosenkranswa

Post by Rosenkranswa »

Just to give you a yardstick, we have an early '30 AA with the boxier cab and 5-hole wheels. Originally bought about 15yrs ago from a bank in central Iowa who got it in a farm foreclosure. Very good shape mechanically, somewhat better shape cosmetically than yours. We paid $6500 for it at the time.
Gary ohb
Body Type: 82b

Post by Gary ohb »

Hi! That looks like a very good start for a restoration or just clean it up and drive it. I am finishing a mid 31, AA 1 ton and I can tell you it has cost way more than the $2000 that other guy said it was worth. I had to make mine out of at least 3 different trucks. If I hadn't already gone this far on mine , I'd buy yours and save lots of $ and sweat. The things that aren't exactly what should be on the truck look to be just what it took to keep it on the road. Mine isn't exactly as it was made either. That's a great looking truck. Don't be talked into selling it for only part of what it is worth. I'm one of those who would keep it and repair it enough to use it. The tires cost me over $200 each for mine - so you have $1200 in tires alone.
Look at what the parts would cost , if you were going to go buy them. I'm making my own bed for the back of my truck ,
look at what they are going for on the ford barn - if you can find one. No matter what someone was going to do with that truck , it is a real good start and looks like it's all there. Do a lot of advertising and see what offers come to you. Don't jump at the first offer. I'd like to have it!!! For sure!! Gary
Jazzjr
Body Type: 187-A

Post by Jazzjr »

Nice Looking Truck, they don't pop up every day in the Condition that yours is in. Take Neil's advice, don't let it get away for some of the fore mentioned Dollar amounts. Just a Wash job and a coating of Gibb's Oil will make it worth $2,000 more.
Those that want it Cheap, fall into a category that my Father had a saying for,

"Some People wouldn't pay a Dime to see the Statue of Liberty, do a Hand Stand in Times Square"
Wannarace454

Post by Wannarace454 »

I got some numbers off the drivers side of the engine block, they are G1222. Anybody know what this tells me?
gunmetal 2
Body Type: 82-A

Post by gunmetal 2 »

Drew your trying to steal it from the man. I gave 2,700.00 for mine and that one is as good as mine or better.
fordman88

Post by fordman88 »

i know nothing about pricing, i do know that i cant afford most of the "good" finds... i lucked out in my country cruising to find my matching numbers June 1929 and after tracking down the guy that owned the pasture, he told me he would sell it for scrap price ($250) if i promised to NOT scrap it and send pictures. my 1928 was a similar deal except $500 and i didn't get it done before the original owner passed, its the bodies that are worth gold :wink:
Trevor O Davis
Wannarace454

Post by Wannarace454 »

Truck is now for sale on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131067095465?ss ... 1555.l2649
Thanks for all your help!
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

gunmetal 2:

I'm not trying to steal the truck from the seller. I'm not even interested in it. Please re-read my two posts. I believe the seller was attempting to find out how much the truck might be worth. I realized this and tossed out my opinion in hopes that others would follow. They did so. I hope he gets what the truck is truly worth.

Best,
-- Drew
Drew Mashburn