Hello, info needed

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Wannarace454
Body Type: AA
Model Year: 1930

Hello, info needed

Post by Wannarace454 »

I'm trying to help my mother-in-law sell her 1930 model AA Ford truck. Trying to find an approximate value. Found a little info on what others have sold for and the price varies a lot. I don't know enough about these old trucks to know what to look for that is desired or not. Basically what she has is a 1930 AA Ford dually that I believe is mostly all original. It was restored some around the 70's. Last it ran was in a parade around the 80's. Got parked after the parade and has sat in the shop since. Outside looks nice, inside is mostly striped. It has a bed on it and the original floor has been replaced with diamond plate. I tried to attach a picture but wasn't able to. Maybe the file size is too big or I can't because I am using an iPad. I haven't gone to check the truck out yet and would like to know what to look for when I do, and how do I get an approximate value.

Thanks
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Re: Hello, info needed

Post by Stakebed »

if you can somehow post pictures we can probably give a rough estimate...more pictures the more accurate we can probably get...
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

Open a free account at www.photobucket.com
upload the photos to photobucket.
Copy you photos IMG Code from photobucket then paste it here.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

Last edited by Chris Haynes on November 14th, 2013, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Wannarace454:

It would be a good idea to let us know where the truck is located too.

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
Wannarace454

Post by Wannarace454 »

spdway1

Post by spdway1 »

:D That is a nice truck, it is an early 1930. You should keep it for yourself and enjoy it. This way it stays in the family. Or I would list it on Ebay and see where the price ends up.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

If you enter your photobucket IMG link here your picture will appear.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

From what I can see your AA is an Early 1930 model. The engine number is on the drivers side of the engine block. In the center right below the cylinder head. If is still has the original engine, which is doubtful, is shou;d start out with *AA.
Reds34
Body Type: dump

Post by Reds34 »

That has some big tires on it. They look like 7.00 or 7.50's. Possibly a "B" engine too? Looks like it has the bigger oil filler pipe and "B" distributor. Looks to be in pretty decent condition.

Red
Wannarace454

Post by Wannarace454 »

Would be cool to keep it but between my wife and i we have 3 pickups, a Tahoe, and 3 motorcycles. Pluss my son drives a 79 jimmy and daughter will also be driving soon. That is enough tags to buy. I also have no place to put this truck and it needs to be kept inside. I posted more pictures:
http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/easys ... t=3&page=1
Thanks!
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Post by spectria »

Wannarace454 wrote:Truck is in far western Kansas

http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/easys ... sort=3&o=0
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
wv model AA
Body Type: Dump truck
Model Year: 1931

Post by wv model AA »

Neat Truck....I like it the way it is. It has character.

Shouldn't have trouble finding a buyer.
West Virginia Model AA

"Hold My Beer and Watch This..."
Wannarace454

Post by Wannarace454 »

Thanks for the info! So if I do post it on eBay how much is not enough?
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Wannarace454:

My guess is that it would have different values to different people with different tastes. For instance, I prefer the later style, more rounded 30/31 cabs. So, a '28 thru early '30 AA with the boxier cabs aren't as appealing to me and, therefore, I would not offer as much dough for one as a person in the market for a boxy-looking cab. Also, I like things really stock. You're AA has a few things that aren't original: seal-beamed headlights, maybe a B instead of an AA engine, oversized tires, diamond-plate bed, etc. This would drop the value for me, but to others............Hey, they may groove on those things, so they probably would pay a higher price than myself. Also, I don't recall you saying anything about how well the engine runs, tranny shifts, if all the lights work, if the radiator is good, etc. Knowing how complete it is or isn't (you said interior is stripped = less value), would be of interest to most all prospective buyers. So, without knowing much about the truck (but, it does look pretty decent), one would have to sort of guess at what it might be worth. If I were to make you and offer (I'm not), I'd offer you $2,000 for it right now. I'm hoping that my reply to you will trigger others to throw out some numbers at you. I kinda have a feeling that's what you were asking in the first place.

Good Luck with your sale!
Best,
-- Drew
Drew Mashburn