aafords.com Site Testing

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
fdohnke
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1929

Re: aafords.com Site Testing

Post by fdohnke »

With intuit, now called Homestead, it does all the html for you. I've not had to learn the html codes. Its very much like PowerPoint, you right click or use the edit box to change characteristics of the item you selected. It took about 20 minutes to build the GAZ-AA page. Its a lot easier than using HTML, but it also cost $20 a month. Looks like WorldPress has online engineers you can call and ask.
fdohnke

Post by fdohnke »

Here is what their menu looks like, from here you can point to choose option or add content. Does WorldPress have something like it? If not it may save you a lot of time to switch.
Attachments
Menus.JPG
Menus.JPG (66.23 KiB) Viewed 2833 times
fdohnke

Post by fdohnke »

Woops, I mistook WorldPress for Wordpress. If you were on Homestead, I'd build the website for you.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

Fred,
WordPress is a web development tool also. It is supported by many (most) web hosting companies. I choose WordPress because it could be installed on a personal computer where the development of a site can be done. Once the site is ready for publishing, it can be uploaded to a hosting company (which have hosting fees similar to homestead).

I started out site development by just using the features of WordPress which is basically like what you describe for homestead. But, I then wanted some features that required getting into the internals.

BTW - I was able to get information from the Internet regarding changing the page background. It will be in my next release.
Regards, Neil Wilson
fordman88

Post by fordman88 »

i cant wait for the next of your releases!!! im excited for this site and all of the info you are sharing within it!!
Trevor O Davis
fdohnke

Post by fdohnke »

Great, I love your research, the data on the site is first rate. As a history guy I know those things took time to find. Your presentation and setup make it very easy to navigate. I think I've gone trough most pages and did not receive any errors. :mrgreen: