send help;which parts will fit

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Richard Kinney
Model Year: 1930

send help;which parts will fit

Post by Richard Kinney »

:oops: i am going shopping this summer buying parts for a 29 AA,131wb. i am not concerned so much of what is correct but what will work. for this project appearance is secondary to function and price. so 1- did a 29aa use a thicker radiator and shell, or just 30-31 (cause mine are the same as a car). 2-My front axle is bent like a pretzel and the king pins and spring perches are washed out (floppers). my aa drums and spindles are good and i located a tight car one for 50 bucks, will it convert?(oh, my bent one is 29AA) 3-are all AA fenders bigger than the regular A's? 4-does a 29AA require a h/d clutch? 5-most of the AA stuff i see is 30-31 ie:parts for sale, pictures, and projects, so are 28-29's harder to find,and were less of them made? (i'm not that tight,but i don't have deep pockets so i'm spending most of my buget on mechanicals) I also have a complete 30AA front axle i'm not gonna use but one drum is siezed with rust, it has good perches and someone already did the king pins,(sorry the front wheels are rusted thru already) Your help is greatly appreciated, Dick Kinney

Post by Guest »

1. 28/29 AAs had an A radiators
2. 28/29 AAs hadd an A axle and spindle bolts
3. All AA front fenders are the same size as A front fenders (the 31 AA wheel well front fender have a bigger well. All AA rear fender are different from the A rear fenders
4. An A clutch will work fine. Most AAs had a stronger clutch spring went it rolled of the assembly line.
5. Parts for 28/29 AAs are just as easy to get as the 30/31 AAs in my opinion.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

28/29 AAs

Post by Neil Wilson »

The message above is from Neil Wilson
Regards, Neil Wilson