Model AA Depot Hack

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
ChittyBangBangIX
Body Type: AA
Model Year: 1930

Model AA Depot Hack

Post by ChittyBangBangIX »

I am wondering, has anyone made a depot hack out of a Model AA? :?: If anyone has any pictures of one, I would like to see them. :D :mrgreen:

Thanks
Peter
fdohnke
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1929

Re: Model AA Depot Hack

Post by fdohnke »

Me too, we have a 28 frame that will make a nice depot hack, but I cant find any plans for making one.
fdohnke

Post by fdohnke »

Peter,

Its starting to look like we'll have to design our own. I'm going to take some measurements from a 29 frame this weekend and create a 2D and 3D plan using Google Schetchup. I'll send you what I come up with.
Hayslip

Post by Hayslip »

Roy Rogers had a wood bodied station wagon on a 1934 BB chassis. See it on Hemming's blog entitled Trigger's Rival and/or Auctions America Auburn Collector Car Auction dated Sept.2-5, 2010 for several photos. I think this is what you had in mind.
Hayslip
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

I don't know what is meant by "depot hack"? A search of "Model A depot hack" only showed T stuff. A search of "Model AA huckster" didn't yield much. I am thinking depot hack and huckster might be much the same thing.

Attached is a picture of an AA being called a "huckster".
Attachments
Huckster q8.jpg
Huckster q8.jpg (156.59 KiB) Viewed 4683 times
Regards, Neil Wilson
BrianT

Post by BrianT »

This one here I believe belongs to -- akstraw, a member here, I only had a copy of his Avatar which was obviously to small to post, this was another choice for me as opposed to having a stake bed that I would have liked the most, but as fresh boards and a grain bed came with Maggie I had to see things differently, I can see now a depot hack would be great having the wooden seats for passengers, beautiful woodwork here, a credit to him.
Brady
Body Type: None

Post by Brady »

The "Depot Hack" would (usually) have had provisions for passengers and cargo, The AA above looks great, and would be a challenging project.
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox

Post by Stakebed »

Brady wrote:The "Depot Hack" would (usually) have had provisions for passengers and cargo, The AA above looks great, and would be a challenging project.
agreed! very pretty and very good woodworking skills and patience