AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Watermelon Truck2
Model Year: 1930

Post by Watermelon Truck2 »

is that Morgantown Wv
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Yea,

I met you this May in Brownsville,PA at the steam show. I have my Mid 30AA cab and chassie complete. I took her down the road last week and she is sweet. I haven't got so far with my 36" John Deere Model B. I am currently overhailing my stake body. I am replacing the rear crossmember and a few other details before having her powdercoated. If you need help with the Warford Install Let me know and I would be glad to help!
Bob C
Body Type: Mail truck, Stake tr
Model Year: 1931

Post by Bob C »

Watermelon,

The profile of the winner of your Warford parts on Ebay shows him from
Denmark, did you move LOL?
If you end up with any extra parts I need the mainshaft (output) for a
Warford and a rear u-joint for a 32-39 1 1/2 ton 1 3/8" 10 spline.

Bob
Watermelon Truck2

The ebay deal went bad for the seller the guy in denmark didn't want to pay for the shipping .i was the next bidder in line.So I bought the stuff
tiredtruckrestorer
Model Year: 1931

Warfords

Post by tiredtruckrestorer »

Hello Watermelon truck man,
What part of Pennsylvania are you from? I have one of each style of the AA Warfords (not for sale) and some TT ones. The main difference in them is the size of the input and output shaft splines. The one for use behind a four-speed actually had a coupler that mated the gear on the four-speed output shaft to the Warford input shaft. Originally, a u-joint was not used to couple the two transmissions on the 30-31 style. One was used although on the 28-29 style to couple the Warford to the three-speed transmission. Since the three-speed Model A transmission is shorter than the four-speed gearbox there was room for a u-joint to connect them. I believe the coupler was used with the four-speed because there was a little less space between the two transmissions.
I'm from Orwigsburg, PA. You are welcome to come look at the Warfords if you'd like. I could send some pictures if your not close enough to me to look at them in person. Keith Ernst, 570-366-2531 ext 4 days, email trdtruck@infionline.net
Watermelon Truck2

I am over here by in Brownsville Pa 15417 ,southwest corner about 40 miles from pittsburgh
Watermelon Truck2

I got the parts so let the fun begin