New Facebook Group for Model AA Ford Truck Lovers

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
lookin-backtexas
Body Type: Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

New Facebook Group for Model AA Ford Truck Lovers

Post by lookin-backtexas »

While we are on the subject of Facebook and since we all love Model AA Ford Trucks, I just created a special interest group on Facebook called "Model AA Ford Truck Lovers". Everyone is welcome to join and post photos of their favorite AA or project.

Here's a shortcut link to the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/231606387033390/

My son owns a Model A Pickup that he took apart and then got sidetracked and it still sits there waiting to be finished. I asked him what he was going to call his Model A Pickup and he said, "His name is Gomer . . . because he's in a pile."

Even if your AA is like Gomer and is in a pile, you're welcome to post photos of it on our new Facebook page. You never know when another viewer is going to look at your pile and email you saying, "I see you are missing such-and-such . . . I have a spare one on a parts truck if you need it."

Thanks,
Fred Carlton
If you are not driving your AA truck you might as well be collecting clocks!
ImageImage
lookin-backtexas

Re: New Facebook Group for Model AA Ford Truck Lovers

I created the Model AA Ford Truck Lovers Facebook group 4 hours ago and we already have 26 people who have joined. I have found another benefit of joining the group in addition to learning more about AA's: people who join have Facebook pages and you can finally see what they look like! :lol: I've been trading posts and emails with a guy in Alaska on Ford Barn for three years and now know what he looks like!

Give it a try - maybe you'll learn that "old mister grumpy" who gave you trouble on your postings actually looks like a nice guy and you'll become friends!
Fred

ImageImage
lookin-backtexas

In 18 hours since starting we have had 43 members join the group. Click on this link to see what's happening. Lots of guys are sharing photos of their Big Iron and we have a poll going on to vote for your favorite Model AA body style. It's free so the price is right.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/231606387033390/
Fred
ImageImage
lookin-backtexas

In two days we're already at 77 members - it's worth checking out. Click the link above to see what everyone is talking about and there are some really great truck photos!
ImageImage
1wonton
Body Type: Express
Model Year: 1929

Post by 1wonton »

Why Facebook? Isn't this AA site good enough or is it an ego thing?
Brady
Body Type: None
Model Year: 1930

Post by Brady »

Your question has a interesting tone. Made me think that the two could be looked at in such a way: This site is tremendous, and rather like a college - whereas face book would be like visiting after class. The two really should not be compared or judged one against the other. Mike Greene has provided us with great opportunity in the aa-fords.com, and Fred has a great page for getting a little more together. Very best of luck with your projects.
macswoods
Body Type: 82-A
Model Year: 1929

Post by macswoods »

1wonton; My view is the same. This forum is for AA Truck people it sure seems we talk to each
other just fine with out getting on "THE WORLD WIDE WEB". My view. Mac...
Last edited by macswoods on March 31st, 2014, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveK535
Body Type: AA Flatbed Dual Axle

Post by SteveK535 »

I think you'll find that if you need tried and true info, this site will suite you better. If you want to discuss busted knuckles, post pics of the day's wrenching, or socialize, FB will fill that niche. Its the difference beween going to the library or going to the coffee shop. I don't think either institution considers the other a threat. I've had a FB page for my truck for the past year and a half plus or minus (1931 Ford AA Truck Preservation Project), its for fun and to share my project with others. Many of you have stopped in to chat or browse, but you won't find expert opinion or technical content throughout. It has some of that, don't get me wrong, but mostly its just a place to visit and banter, joke, bust on me, or opine if you want. Peaceful coexistance is possible!
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed

Post by spectria »

SteveK535 wrote:I think you'll find that if you need tried and true info, this site will suite you better. If you want to discuss busted knuckles, post pics of the day's wrenching, or socialize, FB will fill that niche. Its the difference beween going to the library or going to the coffee shop. I don't think either institution considers the other a threat. I've had a FB page for my truck for the past year and a half plus or minus (1931 Ford AA Truck Preservation Project), its for fun and to share my project with others. Many of you have stopped in to chat or browse, but you won't find expert opinion or technical content throughout. It has some of that, don't get me wrong, but mostly its just a place to visit and banter, joke, bust on me, or opine if you want. Peaceful coexistence is possible!
Steve, your FB page is great, glad we have both...
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
lookin-backtexas

Brady wrote:Your question has a interesting tone. Made me think that the two could be looked at in such a way: This site is tremendous, and rather like a college - whereas face book would be like visiting after class. The two really should not be compared or judged one against the other. Mike Greene has provided us with great opportunity in the aa-fords.com, and Fred has a great page for getting a little more together. Very best of luck with your projects.

Nicely put Brady. Guess that's why some people buy Buicks and others buy Fords or Chevys. I read several forums every day and just thought we could give a little more visibility to our favorite vehicle by reaching out to a wider audience. The new Facebook group has only been open for 48 hours and has 100 members so far. Lots of guys like to post photos of their project or finished truck. It is not competition for this forum, it's just another way to share our common interest in a great vehicle.

Funny how someone above said, "This forum is for AA Truck people it sure seems we talk to each other just fine without getting on "THE WORLD WIDE WEB". My view. Mac..."

Well, Mac, welcome to the world wide web which is how you are able to read this AA truck forum. Speaking of world wide, so far today we have had people join the Model AA Truck Lovers group from Sweden, Norway, Denmark, South Africa and two from Germany. I think Henry should have made a commercial with people holding hands on the side of a hill singing, "I'd like to buy the world a AA."
:wink:
ImageImage
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed

Post by spectria »

lookin-backtexas wrote:
Brady wrote:Your question has a interesting tone. Made me think that the two could be looked at in such a way: This site is tremendous, and rather like a college - whereas face book would be like visiting after class. The two really should not be compared or judged one against the other. Mike Greene has provided us with great opportunity in the aa-fords.com, and Fred has a great page for getting a little more together. Very best of luck with your projects.

Nicely put Brady. Guess that's why some people buy Buicks and others buy Fords or Chevys. I read several forums every day and just thought we could give a little more visibility to our favorite vehicle by reaching out to a wider audience. The new Facebook group has only been open for 48 hours and has 100 members so far. Lots of guys like to post photos of their project or finished truck. It is not competition for this forum, it's just another way to share our common interest in a great vehicle.

Funny how someone above said, "This forum is for AA Truck people it sure seems we talk to each other just fine without getting on "THE WORLD WIDE WEB". My view. Mac..."

Well, Mac, welcome to the world wide web which is how you are able to read this AA truck forum. Speaking of world wide, so far today we have had people join the Model AA Truck Lovers group from Sweden, Norway, Denmark, South Africa and two from Germany. I think Henry should have made a commercial with people holding hands on the side of a hill singing, "I'd like to buy the world a AA."
:wink:
:D
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
mikeg
Site Admin
Body Type: 150B

Post by mikeg »

Just for the record, I have no issue with any other "competing" AA Ford site, the more the merrier in my opinion. I'm all for sharing the knowledge and love of the AA Truck. Keep on trucking! :)
towtruck
Body Type: service car

Post by towtruck »

trying to get their but my face book won't coraporate :evil:
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

1wonton wrote:Why Facebook? Isn't this AA site good enough or is it an ego thing?

I like it. I can catch up on my phone when a computer isn't handy. But if you have no interest nobody is gooing to force you to go there. ;-)