Solid Front Bumper?

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Drew Mashburn
Model Year: 1930

Re: Solid Front Bumper?

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Veger:

The VIN number is stamped on top of the left-side (driver's side) frame rail at about the front left corner of the cab. Therefore, it's necessary to loosen the cab, so it can be lifted to view the VIN. To my knowledge, this is the only place the VINs are stamped on AA chassis's.

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
Veger
Body Type: Stake Bed

Post by Veger »

Lol Well that's NOT going to happen Lol. It looks like a AA, It sounds and runs like a AA Sooooooo I'm a Happy camper. Lol I don't really care if it was put together like Johnny cash's One Piece at a Time I got a Rare Truck to ShowOff!

Keep On Truckin' Yual and thanks for all the great Info. :) Smiles
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

Drew Mashburn wrote:Veger:

The VIN number is stamped on top of the left-side (driver's side) frame rail at about the front left corner of the cab. Therefore, it's necessary to loosen the cab, so it can be lifted to view the VIN. To my knowledge, this is the only place the VINs are stamped on AA chassis's.

-- Drew
You also need to move the splash apron. ETC.
ModelAkid
Body Type: 186-B stake
Model Year: 1931

Post by ModelAkid »

The frame number location is on top of the frame behind the motor mount on the left side, on A's & AA's.
Most A's & AA's do not have their original engines. When it was time to rebuild the engine they were often just swapped with another engine "ready to go". Your engine number is January 1929 and the body, chassis & etc. on your truck are June 1930 or later. If you have an original horn there is a date on the tag. If the wheels are original the month/year are dated on them.
Veger

Post by Veger »

The shame is the only history I know of this truck is that the guy bought it out of a field in Kansas about 15 yrs ago or so. He brought it back to Kentucky where it was rebuilt. This person brought this truck back from the Dead and gave it a new life and history. The last job this truck did when he died was to Drive him to his grave. The black indoor outdoor carpet is still on the bed. So Sad for somebody that loved this truck so much yet now we have it and really have no plans to change anything about it. Time for a new history its only job today is to Look Ford Tough and make ppl smile when they see it.
The back two dual tires turned around are not a match one says 30 and the other says 7/30

Keep On Truckin'
ModelAkid

Post by ModelAkid »

A 7/30 wheel could be original, the truck would have been assembled about 1 to 3 months after the wheel was manufactured. What about the date on the spare?
Veger

Post by Veger »

Yea that was about one of the very few things this truck didn't have is a spare tire no horn on the truck nore a speedo. There is a old man down the road with a Huge Garage full of Model A's and Lots of AA's he will give me a great deal on a spare rim.

Keep On Truckin'
ModelAkid

Post by ModelAkid »

Roger "blgitn" needs a late '31 AA spare wheel also.