New Member Here

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
wineguy
Model Year: 1930

New Member Here

Post by wineguy »

Hi all. I am currently and enology student at California State University, Fresno. My hometown is Healdsburg, CA (about and hour north of Frisco).

As a college graduation gift, my father purchased me a 1932 Ford Model AA dually truck with the hydraulic dump bed. It is in okay shape and has quite a story to go with it:

The truck actually belonged to my grandfather, who bought it in the 1940's from the "County Public Works Department" in Sonoma County. The county had bought several of these trucks to haul rock to build levys and the such. My grandfather had actually bought two of these, one of which he chopped the top off to fit into his prune orchards to haul out the prunes. The other was used for odds and ends on the ranch. It was the truck that my father learned how to drive in in the late 50's. Well, my grandfather sold the truck in the 1960's and my father and him would see it around town every once in a while. My father stopped in on our next door neighbor just two months ago to see how things were going, and guess what our neighbor has had parked in his barn for about fourty years?!?! The old model AA that was my grandfathers! It still had his name on the title, I guess whoever bought it, and even our neighbor who bought it from them, never even bothered to transfer ownership. My father asked to purchase the truck back and now it is sitting out on our ranch!

Anyways, I will definately need advise on restoring this puppy, and I am glad to have found this forum to ask questions of you all.

Take care,

Dan Rotlisberger