31 Detweiler Dump

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
DAN CHALMERS
Body Type: 82B
Model Year: 1931

31 Detweiler Dump

Post by DAN CHALMERS »

mobile phone pictures 019.jpg
mobile phone pictures 019.jpg (104.59 KiB) Viewed 5482 times
gunmetal 2
Body Type: 82-A
Model Year: 1929

Re: 31 Detweiler Dump

Post by gunmetal 2 »

She's looking real good. and keep use updated as you go.
DAN CHALMERS

Post by DAN CHALMERS »

been 5 yrs getting to the third picture. just need to finish interior , top and put some paint on the dump and under body parts. :)
Drew Mashburn
Model Year: 1930

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Dan:

Today is my 63rd birthday. I've been into Model A's and AA's since I was a kid. My Dad had Model A pickups when I was a small child. This was before they were considered collector-vehicles. They were just old pickups that Dad could afford as a young man raising a family and buying his first home. But, they were what got me into A's and AA's. I acquired my first at 16 years old.

There were a ton of A's and AA's still around that were in great shape when I first got into the hobby. I admire guys like you that are now restoring A's and AA's that have such beat up and rusted out bodies like the cab on your AA. I'm not kidding, back in the early days of the hobby, guys would throw away cabs like the rusted one you're restoring. I'm glad that they are being saved now. Go get 'em!!! :)

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
BrianT
Body Type: 82A

Post by BrianT »

Hello Drew
Happy birthday fellow Gemini, mine was this Monday, you have a few extra years to catch me ---- so you have a good day --- Brian.
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Brian:

Thanks, Buddy! The years have flown by too fast. So, I'm not going to try too hard to catch up with you! :)

Old as the hills and twice as dusty!
-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Brian:

Oh, yeh.................Happy Belated!!! :)

Best,
-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
DAN CHALMERS

Post by DAN CHALMERS »

happy b"day Drew. I learned to drive this very truck when I was very young. My maternal grandfather took this off a flatcar from Detroit to Ellsworth, Maine to its new owner in Southwest Harbor , Maine where it was the first dual wheel dump in town. MY paternal grandfather bought it in 1942. Been in the family ever since.It sat in the alder bushes at my brothers for 30 years and that is why sheet metal was so bad . I couldn't let lay there any longer, so out of the woods for truck, out of the pocket with my money, and there she is. I've only got you by 4 years. nov. 1946. A computer man showed me how to post pics, and I need to get him back. I prefer wrenches to computors Have a good season. :)
gunmetal 2
Body Type: 82-A

Post by gunmetal 2 »

I would like to Wish both of you a very Happy Brithday and many more. Mine started as a child but never got a Model A 1929 Town Sedan all in pieces when I was 15 years old. I a little bit younger than you two born in 1956.