Rear Brake Operating Lever?

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
spdway1

Rear Brake Operating Lever?

Post by spdway1 »

:?: How do I successfully remove the rear brake operating lever from the radius rods on my 30 AA
Then where do I find the bushing? :?:
Thank you. 8)
Reds34
Body Type: dump
Model Year: 1930

Re: Rear Brake Operating Lever?

Post by Reds34 »

I think when you take the pins out the brake lever should slide out. Good luck on the bushings, I don't think anyone makes those.

Red
BrianT
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1929

Post by BrianT »

If you are asking about the E-brake lever then it is as Reds34 describes, the service brake arm can be removed by removing the radius rod, however the bushings are inside the brake assembly, all the bushings are available from the Vendors.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

The rear brake lever simply fits into a socket in the radius rod.

The emergency brake lever goes through the radius rod. The coupler connecting the e-brake lever at the backing plate must have the coupler to e-brake lever pin removed. Once removed, the e-brake lever should slide out of the coupler and out of the radius rod (along with the bushings).

This was an easy task for a new AA. However, for an 80 year old axle which has everything frozen up (including the pin, e-brake lever to coupling, and bushing to radius rod. This will likely require heat to free up the frozen parts (maybe the pin will have to be drilled out).
Regards, Neil Wilson
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Post by Stakebed »

How different are the 30/31 bevel axle brakes different from the worm drive?
spdway1

Post by spdway1 »

What kind of CORRECT bolt/pin/rivet hold the coupler together? Mine had pins jammed threw the hole, the other had bolts.
THANKS!