What year is this?

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
PackRat
Body Type: AA
Model Year: 1930

What year is this?

Post by PackRat »

I'm new to this site so would like to say "Howdy" to everyone.

I have this Model a in storage and need to part it out to make space. I do not live in same area as storage but I am in process of moving there. I will visit this month so I can look closer for ID marks. Where will I find the SN or VIN for this car?

I also have had two Model aa trucks and one Model a pick-up in storage for 20+ years but have never spent any time on them. I had a partially empty shop and during one visit I picked up all these vehicles at a great price. The cost of a full shop and a half full shop was the same so I have been storing them. I plan on restoring at least one of the Model aa's so I think I have lots of parts. That is a topic for another day, right now I am knee deep into moving and will need room in the shop to move into so the car has to go.

PackRat (Tom)
Model A_10 copy.jpg
Model A_10 copy.jpg (375.69 KiB) Viewed 8191 times
Model A_13 copy.jpg
Model A_13 copy.jpg (417.15 KiB) Viewed 8191 times
Bob C
Body Type: Mail truck, Stake tr
Model Year: 1931

Re: What year is this?

Post by Bob C »

There may be a date on the left lower corner of the gas tank.
Is the emergency brake handle in front of the shifter or to the right?

Bob
Attachments
date.jpg
date.jpg (41.48 KiB) Viewed 8185 times
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

Why part out a whole vehicle? That won't make you many friends.
flatford39
Body Type: Express
Model Year: 1928

Post by flatford39 »

Looks like a 28 or 29 coupe with an aftermarket honeycomb radiator. Why not sell it in one piece. It may garner more. Do you have a title??
PackRat

Post by PackRat »

Thanks for the feedback.

The reason I joined this site is I am new at this so hoping to get some input based on experience.
I have no problem selling the whole car. I have had several people over the past year tell me it is a rust bucket and not worth much. I had two local people offer $600. I figured it was worth more parted out. The reason I wanted to know the year is I may put it in the for sale section to ask for offers. As a new gut it seems difficult for anyone to make an offer for a car in this condition from just the pictures.

I am making a move back to Nebraska from Washington (state) and need to get moved before the snow hits. I was planning to park the car (covered) outside and deal with it next year but I will be making return trips with an empty trailer so I though it made sense to see if any one wanted the car or parts close to my route. I may be biting off more than I can chew on top of making the move.

I do not have a title. The trunk was removed and a wooden deck added that hurts the value. I included a picture of the trunk area. I also added a picture of the dash area showing the shifter and brake that may help with year.

Tom
Model A_3 copy.jpg
Model A_3 copy.jpg (349.12 KiB) Viewed 8156 times
Model A_6 copy.jpg
Model A_6 copy.jpg (349.8 KiB) Viewed 8156 times
elfox
Body Type: 88-A
Model Year: 1929

Post by elfox »

Where are you located in Washington? I know there are people around here that may be interested...
Dave
Port Orchard, WA
PackRat

Post by PackRat »

I am located in Bellingham. I do have more pictures on hand and can take new ones if I know what an interested party wants to get detail on. I will be on the road in a few days so may not respond right away.

Thanks,

Tom
1930artdeco
Body Type: n/a

Post by 1930artdeco »

Hi Pakrat, you may have some more luck on the Ford Barn with this.

Mike
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed

Post by spectria »

PackRat wrote:I'm new to this site so would like to say "Howdy" to everyone.

I have this Model a in storage and need to part it out to make space. I do not live in same area as storage but I am in process of moving there. I will visit this month so I can look closer for ID marks. Where will I find the SN or VIN for this car? I also have had two Model aa trucks and one Model a pick-up in storage for 20+ years but have never spent any time on them. I had a partially empty shop and during one visit I picked up all these vehicles at a great price. The cost of a full shop and a half full shop was the same so I have been storing them. I plan on restoring at least one of the Model aa's so I think I have lots of parts. That is a topic for another day, right now I am knee deep into moving and will need room in the shop to move into so the car has to go. PackRat (Tom)
Welcome to the AA Forum, good luck with your projects...
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
RustydoubleA
Body Type: express

Post by RustydoubleA »

Hi, you may have rusty cars, but they do not appear to be rust buckets. Sell them complete, I do not think you will get much more for your time and energy to part them out. Nearly everyone on this website would condemn parting a complete car out but perhaps a hotrod website would promote you to part them out. With the limited pictures shown maybe they would be worth $2500 TO $5000 each would be a guess. You are more likely to sell them to hotrodders than to restorers I am sorry to say. Steve.
PackRat

Post by PackRat »

I am traveling and had a chance to get more pictures and will try to get started with photo bucket when I get home.
Thanks for the input about parting out a whole car. Not being well versed yet in this world these are the things I need to hear. If the value is in the $2500 - $5000 range I would definitely not want to part it out.

PackRat
ofiwo

Post by ofiwo »

HI PackRat - I am new to the Model A and AA too. I am looking for a Model AA and am on the left coast also (near Sacramento, CA.) I would be interested in seeing and learning about any trucks you have and may sell. My brother and his family used to live in your town many years ago. I use to love to visit, really nice.

Thanks!
Farrell In Vancouver
Body Type: Deck

Post by Farrell In Vancouver »

Your car looks like a 28-29 Special Coupe. Probably a 29 by the looks of the rad shell. A lot of people would love to build that car. I know I did.
Cheers and good luck!
SHELBY MESSER
Body Type: 75-A

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

Tom, you may be able to get the date that the coupe was rolled of the assembly line. You are new to the A family. On the left corner above the bolt line gas tank/firewall under the hood there should be nos. o oo oo. Looks like I can faintly see some. With a wire brush it should clean up enough for you to see the day-month- year that the coupe was built Let us know what you find :) Shelby, Louisiana