need help with measurements of 30-31 short drive shaft.

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
gunmetal 2
Body Type: 82-A
Model Year: 1929

need help with measurements of 30-31 short drive shaft.

Post by gunmetal 2 »

Have a friend that has a short drive shaft that was cut into and only has the one piece not both of them.
A = in.
B = in.
C = in.
D = dia. main shaft
E = is there a snap ring that keeps the spring on the shaft from moving past a certain spot. if so where and how wide is this groove and how deep.
F = what size hole is in the end of the shaft for the bolt and what size threads. how deep is the hole.
G = Both end are 10 spline. Y/N

Would like to say please and thank you all very much.
Attachments
4-Speed short drive shaft.jpg
4-Speed short drive shaft.jpg (425.77 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
BrianT
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1929

Re: need help with measurements of 30-31 short drive shaft.

Post by BrianT »

gunmetal 2 wrote:Have a friend that has a short drive shaft that was cut into and only has the one piece not both of them.
A = in.
B = in.
C = in.
D = dia. main shaft
E = is there a snap ring that keeps the spring on the shaft from moving past a certain spot. if so where and how wide is this groove and how deep.
F = what size hole is in the end of the shaft for the bolt and what size threads. how deep is the hole.
G = Both end are 10 spline. Y/N

Would like to say please and thank you all very much.
Hello Terry.
Are you needing this bolt together U-joint ?, I have one if you need it, I can at least give you the diameter of the splines.
I still have your phone number from when we talked several years ago I can call if you want.
Regards Brian