32BB Not firing well on 1 and 2

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
DAN CHALMERS
Body Type: 82B
Model Year: 1931

32BB Not firing well on 1 and 2

Post by DAN CHALMERS »

Finally got it . new dist. body needed contact filing to 30 on all. 1 and 2 were touching. bushings in dist, shaft needed replace, carb had one wrong long needle and one broke nearly off at base, someone had converted to 12 volt and the extra condenser and ballast resister were a problem, replaced 2 year old gas, and rebuilt carberator after finding an original to go by,( couldn't find any literature post 31),. All of these things helped a little tiny bit. The thing that really made me feel super" stupid" was the fact I didn't inspect the old manifold flanges. .Took them off the old engine and plopped them on a rebuilt engine and installed. fired right up and then, wow.. All books say intake leak but I didn't want to go there or believe. Well, final fine tuning there was a live spark after the engine started warming up,and serious popping, shot out right before my eyes. Replaced the manifolds( yes both, all inboard flanges were cracked and broke off. Hope this helps someone else out there to realize short cuts are most always the long route. :roll: Thanks in advance for not laughing too loud, Dan C.