28/29 door assembly

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
s147881
Body Type: stake bed 82A
Model Year: 1930

28/29 door assembly

Post by s147881 »

My project truck came with the doors completely disassembled. I currently have all body work on doors complete and are ready for final paint. I plan on painting the doors on the inside this week and the install glass rails and glass, door hardware including latch and then mount doors on cab for final outside paint. I have been looking for sources to assemble the door parts but have been unsuccessful. If anyone has a source for this information I would appreciate it. Additionally the cab and doors have been aligned. Also looking for information on putting new glass in windshield frame - currently all glass and seals are removed. Thanks
gunmetal 2
Body Type: 82-A
Model Year: 1929

Re: 28/29 door assembly

Post by gunmetal 2 »

When it comes to assembly of the doors, what are you assembling there is the window track, the window stops, the door handles, the latch device, window crank, and hinges. If you need to talk my cell # is 574-221-1475 or e-mail address is 1929oldlady@gmail.com I live in northern Indiana. I have my avator truck that is a 1929 AA all in pieces to restore, it was all togeghter when I got it. I have lots of pics of it as well. Call or e-mail me and we can do this.