Head light alignment

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
gunmetal 2
Body Type: 82-A
Model Year: 1929

Head light alignment

Post by gunmetal 2 »

In the Service Bulletin book it shows how to set the head light for the A, does the AA use the same measurements? Thank you all mine is not to that point, but it was a question that came to my mind. lol
1crosscut

Re: Head light alignment

Post by 1crosscut »

That is the guidine that I used. Working well for me. My lights are plenty bright and I can see well. Never had any on coming vehicles flash their brights at me because they thought my low beams were adjusted too high making it difficult for them to see.
------------
Dave
KimVanOrder
Body Type: 82-A Platform
Model Year: 1928

Post by KimVanOrder »

Dito:

I got new reflectors, Not that great. I think they are not the correct shape. Be sure to get good ones. Not the "Bright and shinny", ones. (nuf said)?
KVO
Dec. '28 AA
1crosscut

Post by 1crosscut »

If you have original reflectors have them silver plated as they were done originally.
------------
Dave
BrianT
Body Type: 82A

Post by BrianT »

If you have reflectors that need to be re-plated silver make sure you have original reflectors before doing so, Walt Bratton had them made to the original Ford blue print, I have been told that they focus correctly as per the service bulletins, all the vendors now have them.
SHELBY MESSER
Body Type: 75-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

Some of the new reflector are steel and plated They are not worth the toilet paper to plug the light socket. The original reflectors were plated brass. I recently purchased a pair for my coupe the fit and look good. upon ordering as set make sure they are plated brass :D Shelby, Louisiana.