AA on ebay

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
ModelAkid
Body Type: 186-B stake
Model Year: 1931

AA on ebay

Post by ModelAkid »

I cannot believe what this AA on ebay sold for:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181620555268?_t ... fresh=true
I think the original '31 AA I was trying to sell was worth twice as much as that one, but after putting mine on ebay twice, and this forum, and the MAFCA classifieds, I only got a little more than what that one sold for. I don't get it, I must be a terrible salesman.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed

Re: AA on ebay

Post by spectria »

ModelAkid wrote:I cannot believe what this AA on ebay sold for:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181620555268?_t ... fresh=true
I think the original '31 AA I was trying to sell was worth twice as much as that one, but after putting mine on ebay twice, and this forum, and the MAFCA classifieds, I only got a little more than what that one sold for. I don't get it, I must be a terrible salesman.
They both were worth more than they sold for, especially yours.
It's often timing and the players involved... It's not you...
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Bob C
Body Type: Mail truck, Stake tr

Post by Bob C »

But did yours have those amazing rear springs, all original vanadium (tool) steel
body, and authentic black steel horn for commercial trucks.

Bob
ModelAkid

Post by ModelAkid »

"But did yours have those amazing rear springs, all original vanadium (tool) steel
body, and authentic black steel horn for commercial trucks?"

No, I had an honest and accurate description of my truck. Like I said, I'm a lousy salesman. Good thing I don't sell used cars for a living, my family would starve to death.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed

Post by spectria »

Bob C wrote:But did yours have those amazing rear springs, all original vanadium (tool) steel

Bob
LOL, yea them's was the kicker!
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
ModelAkid

Post by ModelAkid »

"Bob C wrote:
But did yours have those amazing rear springs, all original vanadium (tool) steel

Bob
LOL, yea them's was the kicker!

and don't forget "Very authentic", "already converted to a 12 volt system". Excuse me I feel a bit nauseous.
Drew Mashburn
Model Year: 1930

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Curt:

I'm beginning to believe that the majority of AA lovers prefer the squarish 28/29 cab over the more roundish 30/31 cab. Do you suppose this could have played into your sale? I prefer the more roundish 30/31 cab. If I wanted a squarish cab, I would purchase a TT. Just a thought.

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
ModelAkid

Post by ModelAkid »

Drew, I agree with you that the later style cab is preferable but everyone has their own unique preferences. I had a TT closed cab truck once and yes the cab is very similar to the early style A/AA truck. For example that flat canvas covered sun visor is nearly identical, and the door latches & handles are about the same. The old style cab on the early 1930 trucks always seemed to me like a situation where Ford "made do" with the old body until they got the new one ready.
I don't have any more AA's now, just some leftover parts, but if I found a nice open cab truck or firetruck I would be very tempted to own it.
Brady
Body Type: None

Post by Brady »

Buyer might be pizzed when he finds out that it isn't a '29.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

I notified the seller that is was an Early '30 but he choose to ignore me.
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Post by Stakebed »

Drew Mashburn wrote:Curt:

I'm beginning to believe that the majority of AA lovers prefer the squarish 28/29 cab over the more roundish 30/31 cab. Do you suppose this could have played into your sale? I prefer the more roundish 30/31 cab. If I wanted a squarish cab, I would purchase a TT. Just a thought.

-- Drew
I prefer the 28/29, seems it keeps that more antique look like it belongs in the 20's like a slightly more refined model T (i mean its pretty much is a refined T but just saying...). The 30/31 round body reminds me more of the 30-40's cars that were very round and bubble like and don't catch my eye as being that old for some reason. Like lets say its 1945, if one were to plop a 31 AA on a street it would blend in much more than a 29. But if its year 1925 the 31 would stick out like a sore thumb.

To each their own and don't get me wrong i love both styles! It probably all came down to who liked what and who had the cash.
ModelAkid

Post by ModelAkid »

In the late '30's when butterfly style hoods disappeared, and headlamps were no longer separate from the body, and radiator grills were styled into the body lines: that's when the body style really changed.