Turlock Swap Meet

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
29Otis
Model Year: 1929

Turlock Swap Meet

Post by 29Otis »

Anybody going this year?
Drew Mashburn
Model Year: 1930

Re: Turlock Swap Meet

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Details?

Thanks,
Drew
Drew Mashburn
oldtimetowing

Post by oldtimetowing »

This weekend, January 24 and 25 at the Fairgrounds in Turlock, CA
1wonton
Body Type: Express

Post by 1wonton »

I've gone to this swap meet for many years but quit two or three years ago. Just not many old parts anymore and after ten o'clock or so just too many women with baby strollers, kids, tourists and crowds, makes it hard to get to a venders stall. Not worth getting up at 3 am, driving a couple hundred miles then walking around looking at all the chinese tools, flea-market items, inflationary, ridiculous dealer prices. Besides, anything that I would be looking for has already been sold on Friday when the early venders start setting up, they always snatch up the best parts before I can get there. If the people who lease the fairgrounds would require sellers to set up on Saturday, and no early birds I'd go back. Doesn't make the hunting experience enjoyable when all the best parts have already be sold by the time I get there.
BrianT
Body Type: 82A

Post by BrianT »

Its been 3 years since we went last, 850 mile round trip and 2 nights stay, and slim pickings, I did find a set of 29 commercial plates there other than that nothing worthwhile.
I have noticed the day before trading and even buyers getting in on the act, the first year we went a fight almost started at the motel, somebody wanting to buy a pair of fenders the seller would not let him have.
We now attend meets around a hundred miles from home, last year was slim except for the last San Bernardino meet, found every thing I needed and some treasures to sell.
However it would be nice to meet posters from the forums I am sure we have rubbed shoulders at times, good hunting and don't forget to look at those piles of rusty parts, never no what you find.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

I'll be there in the morning when the gates open.