Turlock

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
BrianT
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1929

Turlock

Post by BrianT »

Well how many made it to Turlock? hope you found some treasures.
Drew Mashburn
Model Year: 1930

Re: Turlock

Post by Drew Mashburn »

I didn't go. Found out about it too late.

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

I was waiting in line for the gates to open Saturday morning. If I was a Millionaire I could have filled an auto carrier and a few trucks. But being poor I only bought a couple things I could put in my pocket. Six hours to cover it all. :-)
Last edited by Chris Haynes on January 26th, 2015, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
29Otis
Model Year: 1929

Post by 29Otis »

I went, it is only 2 blocks from my house. Picked up some Ford script tools, and an auto-lite heater manifold for my waffle heater.
RustydoubleA
Body Type: express

Post by RustydoubleA »

I went to Turlock this year. It takes a lot of energy just to get there, and then one can only see 1/3 of it in a day. I bought the following: AA shell for $25, Hi-Lo shifter for $5, Autolite waffle manifold and heater for $40, TWO perfect 31 gas tanks for $80 for the pair ( ten feet away another seller wanted $350 for his 31 tank). I also bought two hi-compression heads casting dates 1940 for $100 each (they are the police head without the "B"). I saw another AA shell asking $75, I have enough now, could never afford the radiators that go with them! I will be tired all week now. I guess everyone likes pictures. Steve.
Attachments
manifoldwheater.jpg
manifoldwheater.jpg (271.92 KiB) Viewed 4996 times
aashell.jpg
aashell.jpg (270.22 KiB) Viewed 4996 times
gastanks.jpg
gastanks.jpg (192.66 KiB) Viewed 4996 times
RustydoubleA
Body Type: express

Post by RustydoubleA »

Hi, there is another large swap meet in N.Calif in Sacramento at the Arco arena in the fall. Last fall I had my dolly loaded up with #200+ of stuff on it all the way out at the very end of the parking lot and guess what? My dolly had a flat. There are no "parts haulers" at that swap meet and I had to drag that dolly about a half mile with a flat tire to the pick up place. People were looking at me asking me if I needed medical help, I am 59 with silver hair, my huffing and puffing made me look as though I was having a heart attack! They did not notice the flat tire. I recently put on new tires as well as a spare tire and some tool holder brackets so I do not have to dig around for tools to open transmissions and what not up with. Here is the dolly that I took to Turlock last weekend. Lots of bungee cords too. Steve.
Attachments
dolly.jpg
dolly.jpg (245.72 KiB) Viewed 4995 times
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

RustydoubleA wrote:Hi, there is another large swap meet in N.Calif in Sacramento at the Arco arena in the fall. Last fall I had my dolly loaded up with #200+ of stuff on it all the way out at the very end of the parking lot and guess what? My dolly had a flat.

Go to a parts store. You can "air" your dolly tires with a can of foam and never have a flat again.