New AA Forum Suggestion

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.

Do you think we should have a general chit chat forum?

Poll ended at May 8th, 2007, 10:17 am

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes: 19

mikeg
Site Admin
Body Type: 150B
Model Year: 1930

New AA Forum Suggestion

Post by mikeg »

Hello Forum members,

A fellow forum member sugggested a "chit chat" forum where AA forum members could chat about whatever so long as it was not political or religious.

My feeling is that we should keep this place relevant to A's and AA Trucks and not just have general "shoot the breeze" forum. We have very few rules here, basically: have fun and respect others. I choose not to moderate the topics either, mainly because I have no time to and don't want to.

What I envision is sort of a "virtual garage" where you could chat about your weekend with your truck, visits to other members, parades, memorable moments from your restoration project, recent or past outings.

We would want the topics be relevant to A' and AA's.

So here is your chance to sit up straight in your chair and vote! There is a poll with this message. Very simply, yes or no on the forum. If the majority says YES then lets name the new forum. I'll throw my two suggestions in:

"AA Garage"
"AA Clubhouse"
Last edited by mikeg on April 28th, 2007, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
perlad

Chit Chat Forum

Post by perlad »

YES

AA Club House sounds better than Garage, if the discussions tend to be more about events and activies.
REM

OK. OK. I voted

Post by REM »

I saw this the other day and dinn't vote because it really didn't make much difference to me either way.
If I am urged to vote it is yes and I did. I feel others must be interested in this and we all have the option to participate or not so why not have the option for those in favor.
Richard
Brady
Body Type: None

Post by Brady »

Chit-Chat? Next it'll be knitting... Discussion on and about the AA Ford is what this site is for, and what it does best-please don't ruin it. Anyone wanting "chit-chat" can tune in Oprahhh!
JON

Post by JON »

I think that AA and possibly A subjects should only be allowed. If you want to "shoot the bull", there are places for that, or better yet turn off the computer and go talk to your neighbor. I vote NO.
Matt Kroll

Post by Matt Kroll »

AA anything is fine with me.

If you consider the fact that almost all of the Model 'A' catalogs have an AA section (Scaramento Vintage Ford devotes 33 pages to the AA) and Bert's in Denver has an "AA guy" (Steve), one would have to believe that there are many more of us out there. If the chat area helps to draw more AA owners and wannabe's to the site, then I'm all for it.

In addition, I can't see how the chat area could negatively impact the rest of the site, so I voted "Yes."

-Matt
Matt Kroll - WY8R
http://www.smokypond.com/
bigA

Post by bigA »

I voted yes under the conditions mentioned. AA or A related only! I don't think it would distract from the existing forum at all and may encourage more participation. I also think it would be really good if all forum members would/could post pictures of their AAs under the "PHOTOS" section of the main website.

A
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

I'd have to say NO on these terms. Leave the BS chat rooms on the other sites. Keep this one for real AA info.
REM

Hey BigA

Post by REM »

Hey BigA

Is there a photo section on the main web site. If so direct me to it. If not, I think that would be a good addition also.
Richard
bigA

Post by bigA »

This is how I found this place to start with. Do a search for Ford Model AA Truck Club. That will take you to the home page where are listed history, officers, how to join FMAATC, newsletter, photos, etc. and forums (which is where we are now). If you click on "photos", it shows a picture of a '29 Stake Truck AA. I have always thought that would be the place to see a lot of variations of the AA truck. And that would be the pictures of our trucks. Maybe we can get some help from Neil or Mike on how this can be done. I may be all wet with my assumptions here but, I hope not!

All the best,

Allan
mikeg
Site Admin
Body Type: 150B

Post by mikeg »

bigA wrote:This is how I found this place to start with. Do a search for Ford Model AA Truck Club. That will take you to the home page where are listed history, officers, how to join FMAATC, newsletter, photos, etc. and forums (which is where we are now). If you click on "photos", it shows a picture of a '29 Stake Truck AA. I have always thought that would be the place to see a lot of variations of the AA truck. And that would be the pictures of our trucks. Maybe we can get some help from Neil or Mike on how this can be done. I may be all wet with my assumptions here but, I hope not!

All the best,

Allan
Hi Allan (and all the rest),

A picture gallery of AA trucks is something that Neil and I have discussed before and is definately something we want to do for the FMAATC site. Neil has access to the high quality photo archive at Ford and permission to reproduce the photos under certain conditions.

Neil also has the FMAATC truck registry in database format, it was our hope (and still is actually) to use that data for a online registry complete with member photos of their trucks as well.

The problem has been, at least for me, is time. I have a small tech company (15 employees), a 2 1/2 year old daughter, and a son due in June! I haven't worked on my AA in 3 years! :cry:

It will happen, just not as quickly as we all would like (myself included) I'm hoping that we'll get some quiet time at work (which hasn't happened in a while) so I can put one or two of my programmers to work on the online database side of things. Maybe we could have a rough draft up by August, but I don't really know for sure.
bert

Post by bert »

Altho I'm not too active in working on my truck I still look in time to time. There is still connection between "A" and "AA" truck by way of the early 28's. A few things connect them together with common parts. I can live with one or both. Chatting does get some insite on various work that people that activly working on. I still have a choice in skipping chat that interest me or not. I'm for it.---bert, fl.
AAintheOZARKS

My vote is YES

Post by AAintheOZARKS »

I would welcome any photos or information pertaining to the AA. I could still stand to do more to my AA, especially side boards, so, I say YES to the proposed site.
1928 AA
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

Hello Everyone,
Just for your understanding. This aa-fords.com site belongs to Mike. He created this site quite a long time ago since he had/has an AA which he is working on.

Mike offered to create a separate site for the Ford Model AA Truck Club. It is at fmaatc.org. It has a button to click which links you to this aa-fords.com site. I didn't see a need for the club site to have a forums since Mike already had his going (and it is great).

And, Mike and I do want to expand the club site to include pictures showing original AA Ford body types. This will allow AA'er to identify their AA's.

And, expanding the club site to have pictures of member trucks is another welcome addition.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Re: New AA Forum Suggestion

Post by kirk C, »

Hi Mike,
Its Kirk,
theres nothing wrong with the forum or design or anything with the way you have this page,
Its simple and easy to understand mike and i wouldnt change it for anything,
Kirk from ks,