intermediate driveshaft comparison

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
RustydoubleA
Body Type: express
Model Year: 1930

intermediate driveshaft comparison

Post by RustydoubleA »

Attached are pictures of two driveshafts that I bought this morning at a small local swap meet,$10 apiece. One never knows what he will find at a swap meet! The top one is a 28-29 shaft for the three speed and the lower one is a 30-31 driveshaft for short wheelbase truck for the four speed. Anyone have a picture of the 29 shaft for a four speed? I know that there are more variations. Hopefully this photo helps some one out of the chaos of figuring these trucks out. Steve
Attachments
ds1.jpg
ds1.jpg (395.03 KiB) Viewed 3615 times
ds2.jpg
ds2.jpg (358.65 KiB) Viewed 3615 times
ds3.jpg
ds3.jpg (389.07 KiB) Viewed 3615 times
BrianT
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1929

Re: intermediate driveshaft comparison

Post by BrianT »

Hello Steve,
I maybe interested in the shaft for the 3speed, it looks somewhat rough PM me on what you want for it.
Regards Brian.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

As far as I know, the second coupling shaft would be for any AA131 with a four speed (including the 1929).
Regards, Neil Wilson
gunmetal 2
Body Type: 82-A

Post by gunmetal 2 »

how much for the u-joint on the 28-29 drive shaft
RustydoubleA
Body Type: express

Post by RustydoubleA »

Hi, I have these shafts and x-joints allotted for various projects at this time. I am just placing pictures of things that I have been confused on in the past in order to clarify things for others. I am also posting prices that I pay for things at swap meets so people get an idea of what they go for. I am not a very good "Horse Trader" I have paid over $100 on ebay for a used AA X-joint for instance, but swap meet prices are generally a lot less.
I firmly believe in the "power of intention" to manifest things. Last year when I decided to assemble a late 1930 express truck from swap meet parts, I immediately found a pair of rear fenders at a swap meet for $80, I found a bed on ebay for $1000 (which included shipping), found the the long running boards and splash aprons for $175 at another swap meet, and a rebuilt B shortblock engine for $2,000 at another swap meet. I am not bragging because I am not that "gifted", I just put the intention out there, carry a lot of cash, and it appears! I think that when I have the cash in hand at all times I am telling the universe that I am ready to receive the item. Commitment. When I do find the item, I thank the Creator just like I say grace at each meal, because "thankfullness" is part of the formula that continues the flow. I do attend a lot of swap meets also and buy a lot of parts that I do not need now but for possible future projects. This philosophy has always worked for me. Steve.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Post by spectria »

RustydoubleA wrote:Hi, I have these shafts and x-joints allotted for various projects at this time. I am just placing pictures of things that I have been confused on in the past in order to clarify things for others. I am also posting prices that I pay for things at swap meets so people get an idea of what they go for. I am not a very good "Horse Trader" I have paid over $100 on ebay for a used AA X-joint for instance, but swap meet prices are generally a lot less.
I firmly believe in the "power of intention" to manifest things. Last year when I decided to assemble a late 1930 express truck from swap meet parts, I immediately found a pair of rear fenders at a swap meet for $80, I found a bed on ebay for $1000 (which included shipping), found the the long running boards and splash aprons for $175 at another swap meet, and a rebuilt B shortblock engine for $2,000 at another swap meet. I am not bragging because I am not that "gifted", I just put the intention out there, carry a lot of cash, and it appears! I think that when I have the cash in hand at all times I am telling the universe that I am ready to receive the item. Commitment. When I do find the item, I thank the Creator just like I say grace at each meal, because "thankfullness" is part of the formula that continues the flow. I do attend a lot of swap meets also and buy a lot of parts that I do not need now but for possible future projects. This philosophy has always worked for me. Steve.
Clear as a bell...
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
BrianT
Body Type: 82A

Post by BrianT »

RustydoubleA wrote:Hi, I have these shafts and x-joints allotted for various projects at this time. I am just placing pictures of things that I have been confused on in the past in order to clarify things for others. I am also posting prices that I pay for things at swap meets so people get an idea of what they go for. I am not a very good "Horse Trader" I have paid over $100 on ebay for a used AA X-joint for instance, but swap meet prices are generally a lot less.
Steve, I sent you another PM, let me know if there is anything you may need, hope to see you in April at the Bakersfield meet.
Brian.