brake cross shaft " levers "

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
justmemachine
Body Type: aa stake
Model Year: 1930

brake cross shaft " levers "

Post by justmemachine »

hi
thank you for your time, well I have asked this ? be for but I will try again , and I am new to the model a and AAs. my truck is a early 29 with a 131 1/2 wb 82-A stake bed 4 speed with
the high speed rear end. OK here is my ? I am using the brake cross shaft that goes thru the frame rails but I do not have the levers that go on the ends and I have called all over the states trying to fine them no one has them, I am thinking I will just make them, but I need to know how far it is from center line to center line on all three holes on the levers. the front and rear brake rods pin to the same lever. with this info, I can do the machining on them. unless some one has a set they would like to sale. thanks again
tiredtruckrestorer
Model Year: 1931

Re: brake cross shaft " levers "

Post by tiredtruckrestorer »

I believe I have a pair of used ones lying on my workbench. Let me double check that they have the correct offset and length. The AA's levers are different than the A version.

Keith
BrianT
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1929

Re: brake cross shaft " levers "

Post by BrianT »

There is a cross shaft on E-Bay, maybe someone can ID it as being for an AA, the levers have been removed so it probably is.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/28-29-MODEL-A-P ... fa&vxp=mtr