NEED! front torque tube bearing race

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
mikeg
Site Admin
Body Type: 150B
Model Year: 1930

NEED! front torque tube bearing race

Post by mikeg »

I'm in dire need of the bearing race for the front of the torque tube. This race is spring steel like and snaps into place when seated.

Tom of Model A Works doesn't have them and it may be a while before any are made.
tiredtruckrestorer
Model Year: 1931

AA-4655 bearing race

Post by tiredtruckrestorer »

After failing to find any new or good used AA-4655 bearing races, I had a machine shop make up a few for me on a trial run. They made a solid bushing out of tool steel and were going to have them hardened. I haven't picked them up or even know what they are going to cost yet. Maybe I'll have a chance this week to pick them up and find out what kind of job they did. I'll leave you know if you're still interested. Keith Ernst.
Tim Mc

Any Word on these?

Post by Tim Mc »

Keith-

any word on how the bushings came out? See my above post on aa-4655's...

tim.
mikeg
Site Admin
Body Type: 150B
Model Year: 1930

Re: Any Word on these?

Post by mikeg »

Tim Mc wrote:Keith-

any word on how the bushings came out? See my above post on aa-4655's...

tim.
Hi Tim,

Keith sent me a message last week, here it is:
Hello Mike,
I just picked up the bearing races I had made up at the machine shop. They were made from tool steel and then hardened. They have one grease hole, no dimple on the OD, and were made a solid bushing not split like the original. These should drive in for a tight fit. The three races cost me $210.00. That would work out to $70 a race at my cost. Priority shipping would be $3.80. I had these made up as samples to get an idea of cost. If I decide to make a production run of these races the cost would come down some, but I'm not sure how much and when that will be, if at all. If interested in one of these leave me know. My name and address is: Keith Ernst, Tired Truck Restoration, 25 Springhouse Lane, Orwigsburg, PA 17961.

Thanks, Keith