Help identifying fenders

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
AmberAutumn
Model Year: 1930

Help identifying fenders

Post by AmberAutumn »

_20150903_083029.JPG
_20150903_083029.JPG (435.51 KiB) Viewed 6026 times
I purchased a 29 Model A pickup that had rear fenders that did not belong on the pickup. Someone told me they may belong to an AA. The fenders look like the Model A pickup fenders but the rear fender brace goes through a hole in the fender, they do no have the indention for the running board splash aprons and the fenders have a small splash guard attached. I tried to upload some pictures but the files are to large. I will try to reduce the file size and send later. With this limited description, does anyone have an idea what they might fit?
Attachments
_20150903_082759.JPG
_20150903_082759.JPG (346.14 KiB) Viewed 6026 times
Last edited by AmberAutumn on September 3rd, 2015, 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Re: Help identifying fenders

Post by spectria »

AmberAutumn wrote:I purchased a 29 Model A pickup that had rear fenders that did not belong on the pickup. Someone told me they may belong to an AA. The fenders look like the Model A pickup fenders but the rear fender brace goes through a hole in the fender, they do no have the indention for the running board splash aprons and the fenders have a small splash guard attached. I tried to upload some pictures but the files are to large. I will try to reduce the file size and send later. With this limited description, does anyone have an idea what they might fit?
Pics will help.
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
flatford39
Body Type: Express
Model Year: 1928

Post by flatford39 »

Your pics are not helping. They appear to be a highly modified A fender for a trailer or what ever but I can't tell from your pics. People were pretty creative back in the day so you just don't know what they did.
AmberAutumn

Post by AmberAutumn »

I measured the fenders this evening and they are 23 1/2 inches high, 41 inches long and 9 3/4 inches wide. Based on the information Dave sent to me, these did not come off the Model AA.

Thanks to All,

Danny
AmberAutumn

Post by AmberAutumn »

I had posted this quite some time ago. Apparently the fenders did not come off of an AA. Just wondering if anyone else may know what the fenders belong to.