Dump Body Identification - need help

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Dump Body Identification - need help

Post by Neil Wilson »

Please help fill in the missing dump body photos.

For the upcoming revisions to the Heavy Commercial Vehicle supplement of the Judging Standards, I have included a photograph showing the various dump bodies which were sold through Ford starting in late 1930. There are a number of missing photos as indicated in the attached.

Anyone having verified photos of the missing dump bodies, please let me know.
Attachments
e00 f13a - AA Forum.jpg
e00 f13a - AA Forum.jpg (479.16 KiB) Viewed 3204 times
Regards, Neil Wilson
stew
Body Type: dump
Model Year: 1931

Re: Dump Body Identification - need help

Post by stew »

Hi Neal,

Just a thought, is the information in the A/AA Truck Owners book, with the information from the 1930 Ford Truck Fax book of any value, or is it all copyrighted? The images in the original book may not be the best, but maybe better than nothing ?

Best Regards,

Stew Masche

P. S. My truck has an aftermarket Marion Steel Body Co. unit, which I know is of no value to you.
Always one bad decision away from a good time.
ModelAkid
Body Type: 186-B stake
Model Year: 1931

Post by ModelAkid »

I have a Heil hydraulic dump box that looks just like the Galion picture you posted. I took it off a 1931 AA although the plate on the box dates it to 1932. It is the complete dump box, hoist, pto and controls that I offered for sale here recently for what amounts to scrap iron price. Are you interested in photos of that? Obviously many AA boxes behind the cab were post-factory.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

I am only looking for photos of the Ford sold dump bodies with a Type identifier for the photo. I have yet to see any Ford information which shows the Type identifier for a given dump photo shown in their ads.

For example - I need to be able to have a picture of a dump body which was the 202-B Wood dump. The A/AA Truck Owners book and the information from the 1930 Ford Truck Fax book shows picture of dump trucks. But, I can not tie a Type identifier to the pictures.
Regards, Neil Wilson