Seeking Transport / Hauling

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
gearling
Body Type: AA
Model Year: 1929

Seeking Transport / Hauling

Post by gearling »

I purchased a '29 AA located in North Dakota and would like to get it delivered at least as far as to Kansas. Depending on the rate, I may want it brought all the way to Texas. No big rush, but looking to get it done soon. What is the best way to locate an affordable and reliable hauler? Thanks!
blgitn
Body Type: 275-A
Model Year: 1931

Re: Seeking Transport / Hauling

Post by blgitn »

I've had good luck with U-Ship (dot com).
R/ Roger.
dyoungs
Model Year: 1931

Post by dyoungs »

Look in the buy and sell forum.... there are a couple haulers in there that have been hauling all over the country.
Dave
gearling
Model Year: 1929

Post by gearling »

I really fell in lust with this thing when I found it! PTO, worm gear drive rear end, whats not to love? It only took a couple years and two moves to get it from Wichita KS to North Texas, but I finally got the old '29 ('28 ?) home this Spring. A big dose of life prevented doing much with it til now, but I have finally begun to work on it. Hey, it was running when it was parked in that pasture 30 years ago. A battery, fresh gas, burnish the points, and oh yeah, get the engine unstuck! Refitting and redecking the wooden flatbed, replacing the tires with some used but intact ones (well, I'm poor, and it just wouldn't look right with brand new tires anyway), and, of course... the reason for buying it in the first place : "Honey, I really just had to get something to fit those wire spoke wheels I had." :D Yeahyeahyeah, I shouldve done my research before buying those wheels for the '29 bodied 1930 AA, :shock: but then again, I wouldn't have had a poor excuse to acquire this beauty. Don'tcha just love it when a plan falls together ?
Attachments
s-l1600-7.jpg
s-l1600-7.jpg (655.13 KiB) Viewed 3820 times
s-l1600-4.jpg
s-l1600-4.jpg (402.05 KiB) Viewed 3820 times
s-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpg (550.48 KiB) Viewed 3820 times
Trulyvintage
Body Type: Model A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Trulyvintage »