pop out switch

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
AAholic
Body Type: 82-B
Model Year: 1931

pop out switch

Post by AAholic »

Did double As come with pop out ignition switches?
I picked up an "original" non pop out switch at a swap meet from a vendor who said he removed it from a double A.
Could it be an old replacement ?
Attachments
IMG_9566.jpg
IMG_9566.jpg (21.32 KiB) Viewed 3672 times
macswoods
Body Type: 82-A
Model Year: 1929

Re: pop out switch

Post by macswoods »

All model A's & AA's originally came with pop out security switches. If it is a non pop out then it is a replacement, or reproduction switch.
SHELBY MESSER
Body Type: 75-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

DSCN0802.JPG
DSCN0802.JPG (112.89 KiB) Viewed 3661 times
I bought an original pop-out ign. switch with no key. I also got 4 other original non pop-out switches for $20. 3 horn rods for $6 and an oval speed-o-meter for $5. The original pop-out I had re keyed to the key that fit the door looks and rumble seat lock on my L-31 coupe. Turned out great looks like new. :D :) Shelby, Sacramento
DSCN0802.JPG
DSCN0802.JPG (112.89 KiB) Viewed 3661 times
On the orig. pop-out switch, I had brought it to a locksmith to get it re-keyed and it seemed fine. After getting home I notched that any key would unlock the switch. Even a screw-driver would unlock the switch. I had already had the switch apart before so I took it apart again. There is a small plate inside the switch. It had be put in wrong side out. I flipped it over and put the switch back together and only the new key would unlock the switch. Just a short thing I thought you me enjoy reading. Shelby, Sacramento

i
Attachments
DSCN0806.JPG
DSCN0806.JPG (115.13 KiB) Viewed 3661 times
Last edited by SHELBY MESSER on April 5th, 2016, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
macswoods
Body Type: 82-A
Model Year: 1929

Post by macswoods »

I restored my speedometer. After it twisted the new cable. If you want to restore it. Email me. Mac.....
u
SHELBY MESSER
Body Type: 75-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

I've already restored the oval speed-o-meter. Someone had taken it apart and did notput it together correctly. the input shaft would not turn and was not all way in. So I totally took it apart,cleaned and lubed and reassembled. all the parts were inthe right places, free and turned easily. I replaced the numbers, face plate,lens, gasket and bezel. Turned out great :D Shelby, Sacramento