Any other UK AA'ers?

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
1930-AA
Body Type: Flatbed
Model Year: 1930

Any other UK AA'ers?

Post by 1930-AA »

Hi all,

As there aren't many AAs in the UK, it'd be interesting to know who else on the forum lives over here?

RJ
Hayslip

Re: Any other UK AA'ers?

Post by Hayslip »

I recommend joining the fmaatc.org.(Ford Moel AA Truck Club) I glanced over the membership list and found no UK members. You can be the first. This club has a wealth of definitive information and is inexpensive and a good source of contacts. I was in Twickenham last November for a few days. We might have compared notes on AA trucks. Cheers, Ed
Hayslip
BrianT
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1929

Post by BrianT »

Hello RJ,
Welcome to the forums, I do not know of any UK folks that have an AA, I am an expat of the UK, we moved here in 1964 from Dagenham and lived almost within the shadow of the Ford Plant, I have a few pictures I am posting of AAs in the UK, maybe you can post a few pictures of yours, and tell us about it.
Regards Brian.
DAGENHAM.jpg
DAGENHAM.jpg (98.63 KiB) Viewed 5197 times
AA AT A ROCK QUARRY UK 1930.jpg
AA AT A ROCK QUARRY UK 1930.jpg (26.98 KiB) Viewed 5197 times
1930-AA
Body Type: Flatbed

Post by 1930-AA »

I'll dig out a photo of mine, there's a dark blue one that lives local to me (in fact I saw it driving by today, on a classic truck run) and a few turn up on UK ebay from time to time, but they are far from common here.

RJ
MarkJones15
Body Type: Stake Bed

Post by MarkJones15 »

I'll be just outside of Lincoln the end of August for a couple of weeks. Would love to check out your truck. Know of any Car Shows during that time?
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox

Post by Stakebed »

1930-AA wrote:I'll dig out a photo of mine, there's a dark blue one that lives local to me (in fact I saw it driving by today, on a classic truck run) and a few turn up on UK ebay from time to time, but they are far from common here.

RJ
well I've never been to the UK but from what ive seen on tv shows and the like AA's are big your streets are small and IF you have a garage an AA probably wont fit in it. Could be the many reasons why there arent alot of them still around across the pond. Having some where to store one is a turnoff to alot of people in the US too.

That and im sure during ww2 most got turned into spitfires...

We would love to see pics of your AA!
motorclubaa
Body Type: recovery

Post by motorclubaa »

RJ
I live in Marden to the south of Maidstone in Kent. Our village Motor Club owns a 1929 Model AA recovery truck. We have spent the last few years fitting the rebuilt original engine and getting it running. May 1st it completed The London-Brighton HCVS run - hurrah at last!!!
I missed the run but will post photos hopefully soon.
If you look through old posts there is a photo of our truck earlier this year under the heading "To run with stat or not?"
Where abouts in UK are you?
Colin