US ARMY AA "Trouble Truck"

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Hayslip
Model Year: 1930

US ARMY AA "Trouble Truck"

Post by Hayslip »

On the back of the latest newsletter is a photo of the above. On the spare wheel is a lock on one of the studs (not the one with the padlock hole). This may be an example of the Ford made AA18330 lock as listed in the list of accessories in the Indianapolis Letter of 6-22-3. The RH fender well fender probably started out in life as a 315 AA Milk Truck part. I have never seen this fender in a parts book; I'm sure it's in a 315 Milk truck parts book if such thing exists. Then again it may be a AAF part as I have seen it on an English AA.The government liked the RH mounting and used it on AA Post Office trucks. One thing is sure; both items are made of unobtainium.
Hayslip
Bob C
Body Type: Mail truck, Stake tr
Model Year: 1931

Re: US ARMY AA "Trouble Truck"

Post by Bob C »

I think the right hand well fender would be AA16035. Although I can't find it in the US parts books
it is in the 1938 Canadian parts book I have and the MAFFI site shows it.

Bob
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: US ARMY AA "Trouble Truck"

Post by Neil Wilson »

I cropped and lightened the spare wheel. But, the lock is not very visible. The other picture shows the Ford engineering drawing. It makes no sense to me why they developed a lock which did not use the locking stud.

I am thinking Bob is correct - the right AA fender well fender was a Canadian part.
Attachments
AA-18330_SpareWheelLockAssembly_09-09-1929crop1.jpg
AA-18330_SpareWheelLockAssembly_09-09-1929crop1.jpg (288.8 KiB) Viewed 3023 times
Trouble Truck 31 AA Ford Factory Vince Falter crop1.jpg
Trouble Truck 31 AA Ford Factory Vince Falter crop1.jpg (108.42 KiB) Viewed 3023 times
Regards, Neil Wilson