check straps attachment point

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
birdacre
Body Type: AA express
Model Year: 1928

check straps attachment point

Post by birdacre »

does anyone have a photo of the attachment point for rubber check strap bracket. i clearly see the point on the doors for the nickel plated connector but do not see the proper spot on other end? this photo shows the point but i see no holes evident in my truck and hate to start drilling. any ideas or photos that show better than this?
Attachments
82a-07.jpg
82a-07.jpg (64.8 KiB) Viewed 3505 times
KimVanOrder
Body Type: 82-A Platform

Re: check straps attachment point

Post by KimVanOrder »

what year truck?
KVO
Dec. '28 AA
birdacre

Post by birdacre »

hey kim, my truck is a 28. i studied a truck yesterday and saw that there is a bracket that bolts from the cowl bolt to door hinge bolts.now i just have to locate two of these sheet metal brackets. any ideas?
KimVanOrder
Body Type: 82-A Platform

Post by KimVanOrder »

If your feeling "crafty" you could make them. All is hidden behind panels. I also have a 28, If I had more time I'd take mine apart and make you some. Maybe this fall / winter if your not in a rush. You could do a wood block for the time being?
KVO
Dec. '28 AA
birdacre

Post by birdacre »

that is true, i could make them out of a piece of angle iron too. i am not going to put in panels. i like the look of it rustic.the panels i see for sale with the mouse print pattern do not look like the originals in my opinion. maybe if I set them in a sunny window for 6 months they would look better. thanks again, kevin