making progress on 29 check it out

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
toolhawk
Model Year: 1930

making progress on 29 check it out

Post by toolhawk »

making progess on 29 aa check out pics http://www.fotki.com/toolhawk have frame and axles all sanblasted and painted , PP90 EPOXY PRIMER , ACRYLIC URATHANE PAINT , let me know what you think , not so bad so far have only had it for 2 weeks
mikeg
Site Admin
Body Type: 150B

Re: making progress on 29 check it out

Post by mikeg »

toolhawk wrote:making progess on 29 aa check out pics http://www.fotki.com/toolhawk have frame and axles all sanblasted and painted , PP90 EPOXY PRIMER , ACRYLIC URATHANE PAINT , let me know what you think , not so bad so far have only had it for 2 weeks
Nice work!

I've been in the sheet metal stage of my complete frame off restore (I've been a this stage for the last 3 years!!!), I guess that is what marriage and 2 kids will do to you! :cry:

Hey, when you get your rig done why don't you come up to my neck of the woods and finish my truck? :)
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Post by Stakebed »

lol ooh ooh me next me next!

:lol:
but that looks really really good. i dont have the money or know anyone who i could use sandblasting and super good paint. i plan to just use an angle grinder with a wire wheel, and some POR-15 on the frame/suspention.
man i wish i had the space to work on mine...what is the best ideal space for me would be having a empty 2 car garage, put the frame and running gear on one half and sheetmetal on the other. lotsa weather proof space. but currently i have 2 options: storeing it about an hour away in my grandfathers tool shed(farm tool shed) or get it back to my house and park it on my backyard patio(it will fit) and tear it down to the frame but as i take off parts put them away in one of our 2 small sheds.

for those of you who have already done a complete restoration by yourself or pretty much alone, which would you say is the hardest: engine and driveline, sheetmetal, or frame and suspention?
bigA

Post by bigA »

Toolhawk, nice complete truck you are starting with! Oh to have the working space available for such a project. If you decide that you don't need those doors, you can send them to me for my tow truck. heh, heh, heh. You've done more in two weeks than I have in three years.

Keep up the great work,

A
toolhawk

Thanks

Post by toolhawk »

thanks for the replys and offers to take the doors but I think I will hold on to them for awile yet!!!! found a original stake bed frame today, heading to Diluth Mn. the next 2 weeks to pick it up,