Flip top AA jack??

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
ModelAkid
Body Type: 186-B stake
Model Year: 1931

Flip top AA jack??

Post by ModelAkid »

This jack is not shown in the Standards as a Ford jack, but it looks just like a Ford AA screw jack except it has a flip-top, sort of like the early Model A jack had although that was a ratchet jack. Does anyone out there in AA-land know anything about this jack? No words on it just "No 10 (or 16 or 18)".
I have 2 photos but I cannot figure out how to post them here, I always get "file too large". Send me your address and I will email the photos to you if you would like to see them. Or maybe someone could help me post the photos here?
SHELBY MESSER
Body Type: 75-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: Flip top AA jack??

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

I don't think that the flip top jack is the MODEL AA jack. The reason, well I bought a '37 FORD truck from a guy. He said that the flip top jack came with the truck when he bought it back in 1951. This is weird, the guy that he bought the truck I knew very, It was my DAD. The guy bought the truck from my DAD when I was 6 yrs.ole. Have no clue as to or when the truck got the jack. The jack would have been with the truck or DAD would not have let go with the truck. Shelby, Sacramento.

I have-had a picture of a flip top jack.
I looked at over 600 of my post and all my pictures and I could not find the pictures of the jack
ModelAkid

Post by ModelAkid »

Thanks Shelby I'll see what I can find out about late '30's Ford truck jacks.
ModelAkid

Post by ModelAkid »

Pictures attached
IMG_0297.jpg
IMG_0297.jpg (502.8 KiB) Viewed 3575 times
IMG_0296.jpg
IMG_0296.jpg (325.37 KiB) Viewed 3575 times