4th maiden voyage (after trans bearings replaced)

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

4th maiden voyage (after trans bearings replaced)

Post by Stakebed »

I said 4th as Ive had several failed attempts at getting a good point of view video...

And yes on its 1st maiden voyage after pulling engine and trans to replace every bearing inside the trans as it had a bad knock I ran outa gas haha.

So heres its 4th possibly 5th maiden voyage! I'm happy with the way everything runs and stops (still gotta adjust the brakes a tad) so now I feel really comfortable moving onto body work.

https://youtu.be/j5bvrot7yN8

and how did I take such a video you ask? Well I was researching gopro style action cameras and had an idea: take an old hat, drill a 1/4" hole in the visor and mount camera to visor - the human body is essentially a big shock absorber so no vibrations to worry about and keeps my hands free. The wind was a major factor in my video attempts - youtube to the rescue by making your own windsock hence the metal bracket (coated in electrical tape to prevent screen scratches) and piece of closed cell foam. It lets noise thru but stops windflow to the mic.

it aint stupid if its free and works!

1crosscut
Body Type: 82-A

Re: 4th maiden voyage (after trans bearings replaced)

Post by 1crosscut »

Great progress. Sure is nice to have a test drive go well the whole time. Really like how the camera frame rate makes the front tires look as if they are turning backwards and the slow motion effect on the fan blade.
------------
Dave
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox

Re: 4th maiden voyage (after trans bearings replaced)

Post by Stakebed »

Thank you! Yes much smoother and quieter ride than the first go around. Now onward to the bodywork!