Truck/car cover

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Still drivin' it
Body Type: Closed cab AA
Model Year: 1929

Truck/car cover

Post by Still drivin' it »

Hello all. Brand new to the forum. Still learning the ropes. Does anybody know who makes AA covers? I bought one some years ago, but the seller info is lost in my files. Mac's doesn't sell AA covers and California Car Covers is not to be trusted. It would be a shame to buy a pick-up cover and cut it down. I know there's someone out there making them. Please help. Tried to attach a pic of my baby for show and tell.
aa fords avatar.jpg
1crosscut
Body Type: 82-A

Re: Truck/car cover

Post by 1crosscut »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Nice looking truck you have.
I don't know of anyone that is specifically making covers for the AA trucks. I don't think that there are enough of them (us) out there to make it profitable for them. If inside and just wanting to keep the dust off painters plastic that comes in a roll will do just fine. Comes in a roll that you can pull out to length and cut with a dykes. Unfold, cover and keep in place with a magnet at each corner. One can usually get two or three uses out of one piece. Enough in a roll to cover a truck many times over for little money. Not for outside use as it is so light a butterfly can blow it off.
------------
Dave
SHELBY MESSER
Body Type: 75-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

Nice AA truck you have, Don't know who I'm speaking to, Who ever is interested, but plastic will scratch you paint. If you storage leaks when you may not have much choice. If you want to keep dust and bird dropping off, Go to a fabric shop get some soft material that stretches put 2 yrs. wide and the length you need. I did one for my '36 and it turned out great. If it gets soiled through it in washer and you are set to go again. :) Shelby, Sacramento
Still drivin' it
Body Type: Closed cab AA

Post by Still drivin' it »

I lucked out and found out who made the cover. CarCoverUSA, http://www.carcoverusa.com/, a dealer for CoverCraft, was able to make a cab only cover for a '29 AA. No phone #, so everything is done through e-mail, but the guy gets back to you fast. He'll e-mail you a form, you provide the measurements. Visor is part of the cover. Mirror and moto meter pockets will have to be done by you. They provide fabric kits as part of the price. They do offer to do it after you mark the cover, but you pay round trip shipping. I ordered the #380 fabric @ $260 delivered plus $48 for the local tailor to sew on the pockets where I placed cuts. Don't know if this helps anybody, just the new guy trying to contribute.