AA express bed strips

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
birdacre
Body Type: AA express
Model Year: 1928

AA express bed strips

Post by birdacre »

has anyone to date ordered these strips that were in the works about a year ago. do they have the proper indent around the wheel wells and the flared ends on tailgate end? any input appreciated. thank you, kevin
tiredtruckrestorer
Model Year: 1931

Re: AA express bed strips

Post by tiredtruckrestorer »

I had ordered and paid for a set of these bedstrips but never received them. Last I heard they were having trouble with the ones that fit around the wheel wells. Did anyone else pay for a set of them and didn't receive them either?

Keith
Bob F
Body Type: 82A Platform

Post by Bob F »

I also ordered and paid for a set, in march 2015 and never received them. I had talked to Steve Hill last fall and said he's still has a problem with the strips around wheel well.
birdacre

Post by birdacre »

sounds like he isn't having a problem having your money without sending out product. seems weird, i ordered some cross members and got them in a timely fashion. the money is what motivates someone to fix a problem.... keep me posted, did he offer a refund??
rfj52
Model Year: 1930

Post by rfj52 »

I FINIAL GAVE UP ON THEM AND ORDER A SET THAT I WILL MODIFY.
birdacre

Post by birdacre »

i thought about that. cut the profile of the wheel well. cut the edge off a straight section, bend and weld with a mig welder and grind. most likely undetectable as long as i do not do the welding. i have a friend who is very talented with this type of work. any other folks have ideas?
markt
Body Type: 188a

Post by markt »

I ordered and paid for a set of these strips Feb 18/15. I was in touch with Steven Hill a couple of weeks a go and he told me the project did have some issues but is not forgotten. The way it sounded to me the strips should be ready in the next month or so..... I hope!