Wiring harness

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Wiring harness

Post by Chris Haynes »

Who sells the best wiring harness?
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Re: Wiring harness

Post by Neil Wilson »

Chris Haynes wrote:Who sells the best wiring harness?
The only shop making AA wiring harness (with head and tail lamp wiring) is Chris Olsen at bauerelectronics@yahoo.com. I can help you with identifying the AA tail lamp wiring you need for your given AA.

There are seven different AA Tail lamp wiring assemblies (from lighting switch)

The appropriate AA tail lamp wiring assembly to be used was based on the vehicle assembly date (month/year) and the following factors:

Drum style tail lamp – lighting switch and tail lamp bracket being used
Tea cup style tail lamp – for 1931 the frame length being used
Regards, Neil Wilson
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Post by Stakebed »

Hmm

I have a March 29, 131" wheelbase, 2 bulb headlight, park-off-low-high headlight switch, trans mounted stop switch, drum taillights (I plan to add a pass side light) and the early short flat straight 3 hole mount to bottom of frame brackets as I believe they would be correct.

Does mr Chris Olsen have them already made or are they per order? Is it possible to incorporate a braided wire going to the pass side light or how do others do this?

do you know what the cost is? Are all the crimp connections soldered?
Ulysses6
Body Type: 89A

Post by Ulysses6 »

KimVanOrder
Body Type: 82-A Platform
Model Year: 1928

Post by KimVanOrder »

I got mine from Sniders. Then added what I wanted with correct wire from them also. For best performance solder all splices.
KVO
Dec. '28 AA
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

Stakebed wrote:Hmm

I have a March 29, 131" wheelbase, 2 bulb headlight, park-off-low-high headlight switch, trans mounted stop switch, drum taillights (I plan to add a pass side light) and the early short flat straight 3 hole mount to bottom of frame brackets as I believe they would be correct.

Does mr Chris Olsen have them already made or are they per order? Is it possible to incorporate a braided wire going to the pass side light or how do others do this?

do you know what the cost is? Are all the crimp connections soldered?
Chris Olsen (at Bauer Electronics) makes AA wire assemblies on a per order basis due to very low volume. The company supplies A chassis wire assemblies for vendors like Snyder's (Bert's buy from Snyder's I think). Your AA is a standard setup for 1929 and would use:

AA-11653-B d3 (Twolite head lamp wiring and 166-1/2” tail lamp wiring AA-14405-B d2)
1929 AA with drum tail lamp and four position lighting switch A-11654-B

The tail lamp wiring has the Ford specified red tracer and extends to the drum tail lamp. Bracket A-13470-A d3 (as you describe) would be correct for a 3/29 AA.

My guess is that Chris can add braided wiring for a right tail lamp. This is not Ford original and you would have to specify where the splice should be in the 166-1/2" long left tail lamp wire assembly and how long you want it (to reach the right drum tail lamp).

To show one of Chris' AA wire assemblies - attached is a picture of AA-11653-C d2 (I don't have a photo of the assembly you need). The connections are soldered. I don't know the cost (about the same as for A chassis wire assemblies)
Attachments
AA-11653-Cd2 c1q8.jpg
AA-11653-Cd2 c1q8.jpg (491.83 KiB) Viewed 5027 times
Regards, Neil Wilson
Body Type: Grainbox

Post by Stakebed »

Thanks for the reply!

So how and where have others done the crossover wire for the pass side taillight?
KimVanOrder
Body Type: 82-A Platform
Model Year: 1928

Post by KimVanOrder »

I went right across the rear cross member. tucked up out of sight. I also added larger break and turn signal lamps. Two bulbs in one lens per side. Clamped them on so no drilling and quick removal back to authentic.
KVO
Dec. '28 AA
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

Thanks to all for the input. :-)