28 express bed strips

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
birdacre
Body Type: AA express
Model Year: 1928

28 express bed strips

Post by birdacre »

has anyone found a source for these strips. i think they are 84 inches long. have heard about a company that was going to have them ready.... but that was almost a year ago. any leads or sources that have correct holes to match cross members or a source that supplies un drilled?
rfj52
Model Year: 1930

Re: 28 express bed strips

Post by rfj52 »

I end up buying strips from MAR K www.mar-k.com/Catalog/PDF/Catalog/bed_strips. pdf .No holes and you have to cut to lenght. I made a little trim die to make holes square used it in a kick press . Worked OK for 50 holes , I wouldn't want to do thousands of them .
birdacre
Body Type: AA express
Model Year: 1928

Post by birdacre »

thanks for the link, what length or item did you get? was the gauge close to original?
rfj52
Model Year: 1930

Post by rfj52 »

Not sure if gauge is correct, but the seem to be OK . They offered to lengths without holes, my truck is a express bed and I cut about 4 inches off the strips. the problem is with two outside strips the originals had a relief for wheel wells. My truck has a repro express bed and it doesn't have wheel wells.
There was some one trying to make repro sets but he was having trouble with the outside strips.He kept promising that he would have sets ready in a month or so. That was over two years ago. His link is Steve Hill <steve@ahoogaparts.com>. Good luck