Iola

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
vtwinsideways
Body Type: 82-A, 88-A
Model Year: 1929

Iola

Post by vtwinsideways »

The wife and I are attending for the first time this year. Just wandering who all's going and do you have booth numbers? Luke McLeod
"I get all my exercise jumping to conclusions."
Luke in Illinois
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Re: Iola

Post by Stakebed »

ooh I am attending and have been for the last several years.
My words of advice:

BRING A WAGON with bungee cords and or a stout backpack.
wear excellent walking/running shoes - lots of walking on asphalt, gravel, grass, and hills.
wear sunscreen even if its cloudy
watch the weather and bring a poncho and tarp for your wagon.
bring several water bottles/Gatorade bottles as they do have drinking fountains you can refill them.

FYI: it takes me 11 hours of walking to see just the swapmeet spaces and thats not lollygagging at them all hence the shoes and sunscreen.
Usually i can spend another 8 or so revisiting some swap meet spaces on friday as some vendors dont show up till then and look at the show cars, cruise in area, and car corral.

also you probably wont be able to park super close so those trips back to the car wont have to be had if you bring a wagon - I also like to bring a bike lock to attach it to something sturdy while i go get food at lunch and or bathroom breaks - since theres 2 of you this wont be an issue.

FYI the fried cheese curds are amazing and Point Brewing is about 20 min away so fresh beer is served I think at 8am - on....(breakfast of champions right there)

Dont forget to check out the car corral - sometimes some great deals to be had in there and bring the wife to restrain you from buying things haha.

If you need new parts Templins will be there with their parts trailer - they cant stock everything but you can place an order and pick it up there. http://www.oldtimeauto.net/index.html

also sent you a PM