HERSHEY show details

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
birdacre
Body Type: AA express
Model Year: 1928

HERSHEY show details

Post by birdacre »

have any of you ever gone to hershey? do they allow you to camp in parking lot or back of truck? do they charge a lot to park? just looking for ideas, input. i have heard this is the show to go to for antique auto versus carlisle. any comments appreciated. thank you, kevin in ct.
tiredtruckrestorer
Model Year: 1931

Re: HERSHEY show details

Post by tiredtruckrestorer »

You're right Kevin, Hershey is the ONE. I haven't gone to Carlisle in quite a few years because there never seemed to be much old stuff there anymore. I don't think you can park overnight in the paid spectator parking lots. They have special lots for overnight parking for campers and such. I don't know what they charge. The Hershey Company (HERCO) charges you wherever you park. I don't know it they can be contacted to find out or what. Gone are the days when we used to park along Hershey Park Drive for free. Tuesday is vendor setup day. Wednesday thru Friday flea market is open. If you walk every aisle and look for parts it would probably take you the three days. Saturday a few vendors may be open, but most close up for the car show and judging. Best bet is to purchase a program. It has all the vendors listed by name, by specialty with their space numbers, and maps to find them. My spaces are C4V 16 & 17 in the Chocolate Field. I'm usually not there though. I have more fun hunting for stuff I need.

Keith
Bob F
Body Type: 82A Platform
Model Year: 1928

Post by Bob F »

Hershey is great, I believe there is a campground outside of the Hershey Park grounds. You also might try to contact the Hershey Region Antique Automobile Club of America they have a website just on this event.
tiredtruckrestorer
Model Year: 1931

Post by tiredtruckrestorer »

Kevin, just thought of something else that might save you money if you want to sleep in your truck. There is a Rest Area on I- 81 just south of the Rt 743 exit (the first Hershey exit) and at the next exit, Rt 39 (the second Hershey exit) there is at least two truck stops and a Perkins restaurant. Both Rts 743 and Rt 39 will take you to Hershey Park Drive where you will see signs for parking.

Keith
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Post by Stakebed »

I think i looked into the Hershey campgrounds one year - I wanna say it was like $60 a night.... :shock:

One of these years ill make it :oops: