Need help determing 29 AA value

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
tj40ounce
Model Year: 1930

Need help determing 29 AA value

Post by tj40ounce »

Wheel base is 132"
Motor, tranny, rearend in tact. Was able to shift the truck in and out of gear easily.

I pulled these two vehicles out of a ravine in Wenatchee (Eastern) Washington last weekend. I plan to sell them instead of taking them to a scrap yard and I have no idea what they are worth. The second vehicle is a "Doodlebug" or a "puddle jumper" depending on who you talk to. I think it is a 28 or 29 Model A that was shortened up and turned into a farm rig. The rear axle is solid mounted to the rear end.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

tj40ounce

Post by tj40ounce »

more.... NO cab or window frame at all on the flat bed. I haven't been able to find any other trucks that looked the same. There is some wood left on the sides of the cowl with hinges. They were both used on an apple orchard.

Also, the frame horn on the passenger side is broken at the bumper mount. Everything else looks to be in tact in regards to the drivetrain.

tj40ounce

Post by tj40ounce »

doodle bug pics...

thanks again for any info.....
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

The doodle bug looks like a TT. The AA cowl and chassis is a '29 based on the wheels. Sorry, I don't know what it is worth. It is basically just a cowl and chassis. An AA chassis is not easy to sell since there are lots of this heavy metal out there. The wheels may be worth the most (if good). The tires would need to be removed to determine the condition.
Regards, Neil Wilson
Phil Mino

Doodlebug ID

Post by Phil Mino »

The rearend in the doodlebug appears to be a Model TT Ford. What's left of the body and engine look like 4 cylinder Dodge.
E.Moore

AA

Post by E.Moore »

It looks like the AA has a commercial cowl. Things like that and the fenders can be sold on ebay and shipped via Grayhound Bus.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

AA cowls are no different than A cowls.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

The '30/'31 had a different AA commercial cowl. '28/'29 cowls are the same for A and AA (I think).
Regards, Neil Wilson
REM

Commercial cabs

Post by REM »

Here are a couple pics of 30/31 comercial cowls. I have not seen the same for the 28/29 style cabs.

Richard

[/img]
bud valerius

Post by bud valerius »

The early 1930 commercial cowl had provisions for hinges ( same as a roadster) and the cap across the top was flat where attaching screw holes were , they then went to no provisions for hinges and the cap had a raised area around the holes for attaching it . The one in your photo would be this way as it is a late 1931 with a indent firewall . Richard if the one in the photo is yours I would be interseted in purching it . Bud Valerius
REM

Post by REM »

Bud
That is just a picture I saved from an e-bay auction some time back. It seemed like a good photo of a not too common part and I just saved for future reference. I don't remember what it sold for but remember thinking it seemed like plenty.
Richard
tj40ounce

Post by tj40ounce »

thanks for the info from everyone... I left a message at Model A works in Portland (not far from me). I'm not trying to make a ton of money, but don't want to take it to the scrapper either.
REM

Post by REM »

There is no doubt there is some value in the parts but without a close up look it is hard to tell what all is there or the condition. There is someone looking for everything you have you just have to find the right buyers.
Like you I hate to see anything go the the scrapper that someone might use.
Richard