Running board support bracket color

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
wild4679
Body Type: 82B
Model Year: 1931

Running board support bracket color

Post by wild4679 »

I'm painting the fenders and running boards on my '31. The color of these parts is not the traditional black. The frame will be black.

My question regards the color of the brackets that connect the running boards to the frame. Are these L shaped brackets painted the color of the running board, or the black color of the frame?
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Re: Running board support bracket color

Post by Stakebed »

black as with everything else regarding the rolling chassis (besides some wheel parts)

one thing ive wondered: was the dual high engine green or black? what about the clamshells?
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: Running board support bracket color

Post by Neil Wilson »

wild4679 wrote:
April 9th, 2018, 5:11 pm
I'm painting the fenders and running boards on my '31. The color of these parts is not the traditional black. The frame will be black.

My question regards the color of the brackets that connect the running boards to the frame. Are these L shaped brackets painted the color of the running board, or the black color of the frame?
Since standard Ford colors are not being followed, then parts can be painted any color desired. If you are following some company color scheme, then that company color scheme should be following.

Standard for the frame assembly is black. Standard for fenders and running boards is black.
Regards, Neil Wilson