New to the Forums and full of Questions

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
DavidW
Model Year: 1930

New to the Forums and full of Questions

Post by DavidW »

Hey guys!
My name is David, I'm new to the Model AA world. I haven't quite made my purchase but I'm looking at 1928 Model AA. I was hoping to get some good info on instruction guides, whatever would be the equivalent to a Chilton manual for it.

The Model AA I'm looking is up north in michigan and a little bit of a drive, owned by a 92 year old gentleman who's had it for 30 years, I've been told it has a worm gear on the back, bandits top speed is about 20mph like everyone I'd like to get more speed out of this to make it a little more useful :) Is there a way to replace that worm gear?

What are my options for getting more speed out of this AA? I've hear d a Warford overdrive could do that? Has anyone details or manuals on how to do that? If I put in a Warford overdrive do I have to delete the worm gear? Does the Warford Overdrive replace the old trans?

Any info would be appreciated.

I'm sure I'll have more questions

Thanks!

David
Bob C
Body Type: Mail truck, Stake tr
Model Year: 1931

Re: New to the Forums and full of Questions

Post by Bob C »

The Warford replaces the coupling shaft.
IMAG0656_zps5feb9893.jpg
IMAG0656_zps5feb9893.jpg (72.41 KiB) Viewed 2284 times
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Re: New to the Forums and full of Questions

Post by Chris Haynes »

Warford's are few and far between. Add to this they are usually noisy from lots of wear. A Mitchell Gear Splitter is a new, readily available unit, that will give you a good overdrive. http://mitchelloverdrivemfg.com/the-missing-gear/